Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I guess the question then becomes what is worth the removal of a constitutional right? If it isn't 35k deaths, with a certain number of which are active shooter type scenarios, then when does it become worth it?

How about we go after the people who are committing the murders?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
orphious wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
Leave the guy alone. I doubt he has any friends and is just bitter. When the majority of a person's posts seem to be made just to annoy people - it hints at a personality disorder.

And Dan banned the Forge for threatening this guy. I can see why he was threatened...

It wasn’t even really a threat.

Halvard is a piece of shit. He needs to go away.

Halvard is actually serving you large scoops of the shit you serve to others on a regular basis, by being really really sarcastic. I know him and a lot of the stuff he posts here is sarcastic, and to get under your skin. He does this, largely because you and a couple of others have done this.

So man up, and stop being a wuss. Don't dish it if you can't take it.
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Duffy wrote:
orphious wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
Leave the guy alone. I doubt he has any friends and is just bitter. When the majority of a person's posts seem to be made just to annoy people - it hints at a personality disorder.

And Dan banned the Forge for threatening this guy. I can see why he was threatened...

It wasn’t even really a threat.

Halvard is a piece of shit. He needs to go away.

Halvard is actually serving you large scoops of the shit you serve to others on a regular basis, by being really really sarcastic. I know him and a lot of the stuff he posts here is sarcastic, and to get under your skin. He does this, largely because you and a couple of others have done this.

So man up, and stop being a wuss. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Should we have a vote? See who gets kicked off the island?

Duffy vs Halvard.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, he sure seems to have gotten under your skin now. I'll sit back, grab popcorn and enjoy you getting a nice little taste of the shitty medicine you've been serving others for a while now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Well, he sure seems to have gotten under your skin now. I'll sit back, grab popcorn and enjoy you getting a nice little taste of the shitty medicine you've been serving others for a while now.

So this has devolved into the cat fight it was always destined to devolve into? How shocking! ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Francois wrote:

So this has devolved into the cat fight it was always destined to devolve into? How shocking! ;-)

Whowoudathought?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy.

Hey, btw, has Halvard posted anything other than pot shots from the prone position?

It seems that the entirety of his contributions here is just being an asshole.

At least I’m good for some information, some laughs and some cat gifs in addition to being an asshole.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Plenty of stuff in the tri room. Although I think he doesn't realize that tri refers to triathlon not to cross country skiing.
And he's been here for a long while and has contributed greatly.
No cats though. I fucking hate cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Enjoy.

Hey, btw, has Halvard posted anything other than pot shots from the prone position?

At least I’m good for some information, some laughs and some cat gifs in addition to being an asshole.

and talking about yourself. don't forget you're good at that too.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Yup. Plenty of stuff in the tri room. Although I think he doesn't realize that tri refers to triathlon not to cross country skiing.
And he's been here for a long while and has contributed greatly.

I hate them, too.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Enjoy.

If you had half the fun as I do you’d never stop talking about yourself.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Dilly! Dilly!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Enjoy.

If you had half the fun as I do you’d never stop talking about yourself.

Duffy on a calm day: ;-) ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one is way more accurate....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
This one is way more accurate....

Hahahahahaha! I don't see you as quite that mellowed out, sir. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [Runski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

This is what puzzles me. You described in detail how someone you knew blew his head off after a heated argument with his wife, and implied (I think) that one of the problems was the easy access he had to a gun, and how effective guns are for suicides. I concur. A boy in my town tragically id the same not too long ago using his dad's gun. So clearly when it comes to domestic violence and suicide, one of the problems is the easy access to guns - often that are already in the home. And yet, AND YET, above you argue that you're in favor of arming everyone, maybe even making gun ownership mandatory. I'll ignore the mandatory ownership comment because clearly that's ridiculous, but how do you argue being in favor of arming everyone after talking about easy access being a major problem with domestic violence and suicides?

Sure, a suicide is tragic, but isn't the choosing of the time and method of taking your own life also the ultimate personal right? Who am I to interfere with my neighbor's decision to end his life? If my neighbor decided that he got a vote in my decision to end my life, I'd certainly be telling him to piss off.

So while suicide will always remain tragic, that doesn't form a basis for interfering with someone else's basic rights to make their own decisions.

My point is that the 35k gun deaths is misleading for all sorts of reasons. One of them being the inclusion of suicides in the statistic.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without getting in to or commenting on the opinion she formed I'll say from my personal experience this is not accurate: "An AR-15 with a silencer is about as loud as a jackhammer. "

Whether that shows a bias in the reporting or not, I have a hard time not seeing a slant based on something that I know to be inaccurate.
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
Without getting in to or commenting on the opinion she formed I'll say from my personal experience this is not accurate: "An AR-15 with a silencer is about as loud as a jackhammer. "

Whether that shows a bias in the reporting or not, I have a hard time not seeing a slant based on something that I know to be inaccurate.

Suppressed AR-15 average is 136db...

https://loadoutroom.com/...e/suppressing-ar-15/

Jackhammer - 100

https://www.chem.purdue.edu/...PETrain/dblevels.htm

- Chinese proverb

See? The more you actually know about firearms the more you realize that the arguments against them are based on ignorance and lies.
Last edited by: Duffy: Oct 5, 17 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:

My own experience is that an AR is still noticeably louder. Basically, a can let's one safely go from muffs to plugs.
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

This is what puzzles me. You described in detail how someone you knew blew his head off after a heated argument with his wife, and implied (I think) that one of the problems was the easy access he had to a gun, and how effective guns are for suicides. I concur. A boy in my town tragically id the same not too long ago using his dad's gun. So clearly when it comes to domestic violence and suicide, one of the problems is the easy access to guns - often that are already in the home. And yet, AND YET, above you argue that you're in favor of arming everyone, maybe even making gun ownership mandatory. I'll ignore the mandatory ownership comment because clearly that's ridiculous, but how do you argue being in favor of arming everyone after talking about easy access being a major problem with domestic violence and suicides?

Sure, a suicide is tragic, but isn't the choosing of the time and method of taking your own life also the ultimate personal right? Who am I to interfere with my neighbor's decision to end his life? If my neighbor decided that he got a vote in my decision to end my life, I'd certainly be telling him to piss off.

So while suicide will always remain tragic, that doesn't form a basis for interfering with someone else's basic rights to make their own decisions.

My point is that the 35k gun deaths is misleading for all sorts of reasons. One of them being the inclusion of suicides in the statistic.

So as a society you're saying we should give a fuck about suicides, including teenagers?
Quote Reply
Re: Gun control advocate statistician from 538... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:

My own experience is that an AR is still noticeably louder. Basically, a can let's one safely go from muffs to plugs.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next