Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'Dreamers' Are Really Arrogantly Pushing It
Quote | Reply
Apparently, a group of activists mostly made up of the now-famous illegal immigrant 'Dreamer' group -- those brought to the US as children by their parents, who also came here illegally -- disrupted House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's press conference earlier in the week. The conference was called by Pelosi, the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, in support of 'Dreamers' and it was where Ms. Pelosi was demanding that they be granted amnesty and given citizenship.

That was a point that was missed by the protesting 'Dreamers', who interrupted Pelosi, calling her a liar, criticizing her for making nice with the Orange-Haired Wonder and otherwise shouting her down whenever she tried to speak. I guess this was a move calculated to win the support of Americans still trying to make up their minds over whether these illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay and given some form of residency or even citizenship. If so, I can't see it being very successful. In fact, it probably hardened opinions of many against 'Dreamers' as a group.

Personally, my inclination is to allow most 'Dreamers' to stay, though now on a case-by-case basis, given their increasingly strident demands that we let them stay and even give them full citizenship. At this point, the ones we do allow to stay in the US have to meet minimum education standards (a high school diploma (and GEDs don't count), accomplishment, not having broken any additional laws other than coming here illegally (which is actually on their parents), any honorable (not "other than honorable" but "honorable") military service, etc. -- and on the condition that their parents are never, ever given legal status and that they're not allowed 'chain migration' opportunities (i.e. bringing over close relatives, including spouses and children not born in the US).

Activist Dreamers, however, who are here illegally and who are loudly demanding the privilege to stay in the US and who are also demanding a say in, or even control over, the political process of a country they're residing in on an illegal basis? I'm sorry, but they need to go, no ifs, ands or buts.

Immigration Activists Shout Down Nancy Pelosi Over Trump Dreamer Deal – Mother Jones

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dreamers' Are Really Arrogantly Pushing It [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're so good at your new non-political persona!
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dreamers' Are Really Arrogantly Pushing It [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont you have an Antifa rally to attend?
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dreamers' Are Really Arrogantly Pushing It [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

I don't like Antifa! I was the first here to post an anti-antifa post related to the Tiki guys.

What I don't like is that when likes thousands of white supremacists march in a U.S. city suddenly everyone starts running in a circle hysterically claming "antifa" is the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't aware that everything, but everything, is now politicized nowadays. Immigration is a debate the entire nation should be having, so I'll have my say, good sir. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:

I don't like Antifa! I was the first here to post an anti-antifa post related to the Tiki guys.

What I don't like is that when likes thousands of white supremacists march in a U.S. city suddenly everyone starts running in a circle hysterically claming "antifa" is the problem.

'White supremacist' these days means anyone not entirely on the side of BLM, Antifa, La Raza and other like-minded groups, it seems to me. Classic white supremacists, as a group, we could probably fit into the Hollywood Bowl and still have a thousand or so seats left over.

Actually, numbers-wise, the fascistic anti-fascists known as "Antifa" seem to outnumber those tiki torch bearing-morons, including the Klan, Aryan Nations and other hardcore racist white supremacists, who number about 8,000 to 10,000 nationwide, according to CBS News, DOJ statistics, and other sources.

But by the standards of today's far left, I suppose most of us are 'white supremacists'. Sigh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:

Thousands?

Trump got 60 million votes. That's 60 million white supremacist in this country. They were all marching that day (some of them just in spirit).

BTW, I found a pic of you online....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dreamers' Are Really Arrogantly Pushing It [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:

Thousands?

Trump got 60 million votes. That's 60 million white supremacist in this country. They were all marching that day (some of them just in spirit).

What the hell is that, Mr. Duffy? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
trail wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't aware that everything, but everything, is now politicized nowadays. Immigration is a debate the entire nation should be having

you're not having a debate. you're spreading propaganda. i really don't see any difference between the new and the old you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree completely with the arrogant attitude displayed by so-called 'dreamers'. I suppose that moniker was dreamed up by someone that wants to evoke some sort of pity for illegal immigrants and their offspring. It's a problem that is going to have to be addressed at some point. The kids are more or less innocent, but their parents knew full well what they were doing when they entered illegally and most of them had intentions of bearing a natural born citizen for their own benefit. That said, I am reluctantly in favor of some sort of pathway to citizenship. It just isn't feasible to kick them out of the country. A pathway to citizenship would mean issuance of a social security card and joining the rest of the citizenry in paying taxes, although most of these people will probably pay little, if anything. It would also mean learning to speak English.

Not sure why in the hell your post is considered 'propaganda' by slowman. Sounds like any other post I have seen endorsing a viewpoint or speaking one of their own.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:

Thousands?

What the hell is that, Mr. Duffy? ;-)

Mrs Duffy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You break the law you needed to be prepared to face the consequences. Sometimes that means nothing. Sometimes a fine, other times jail and still other times you get the boot. You don't want to face consequences don't break the law. The law without consequences is anarchy.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply