Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops)
Quote | Reply
I recall some Antifa supporters in the media trying to compare these folks to the soldiers that stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, which would totally be true if those soldiers had set military police jeeps on fire and attacked MPs with sticks, bricks, rocks, feces and urine. ;-)

Apparently, among the antifa on trial is an American transgender who calls himself "Kara B." Antifa sure does seem to attract a lot of transgendered folk, for some reason.

At any rate, the reason these law-abiding citizens are on trial, for their May 2016 activities in Paris, is because they got angry when French police began protesting "anti-cop hatred," and then set a cop car on fire. With some some cops sitting inside of it. And then they mobbed the cops when they exited the burning car, physically assaulting.them after they escaped the vehicle.

"Eight anti-fascist activists, including an American national, went on trial in Paris on Tuesday for a violent attack on French police that was captured in a shocking video that made headlines around the world.

The incident took place in May 2016 on a day when police held a demonstration in the French capital to highlight “anti-police hatred” that had risen up during labour reform protests that year.

On the same day anti-fascist militants staged their own march which flared into violence and a group of them attacked a police car on the Quai de Valmy in the 10th arrondissement.

A 27-year-old American was among the mob that smashed the windows of the police car before it was torched with police officers inside."

American 'anti-fascist' faces jail for attack on France's 'Kung-Fu cop' - The Local

Here's some video of "Kara B." in action. He's the one who comes on scene after the cop car stops and then smashes in the rear window with what looks like a pipe:

Paris protesters set police car on fire with 2 officers inside - YouTube

Once that was done, one of his accomplices torches the car, obviously meaning to burn the cops alive. I give the French police on the scene mad props for maintaining their composure and not just start splitting skulls or airing a few of those protesters out, which most self-respecting American cops would have done in a heartbeat if they'd been firebombed like these Paris police officers were.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Sep 19, 17 16:56
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interesting to find out where the funding for Antifa is coming from...
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile American white supremacists continue to actually kill people (allegedly).

2017 U.S. bodycount:

Antifa: 0
White Supremacists: probably 6.

But, but Antifa!
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Meanwhile American white supremacists continue to actually kill people (allegedly).

2017 U.S. bodycount:

But, but Antifa!

Start your own thread. Be proud of your Antifa brotherhood.
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

Not proud. I've posted that repeatedly.

Can you muster up the willpower to admit that white supremacy is the far, far more violent culture, and a far more pressing law enforcement issue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That French cop was badass to remain calm during that assault by the peaceful protester.
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Not proud. I've posted that repeatedly.

Can you muster up the willpower to admit that white supremacy is the far, far more violent culture, and a far more pressing law enforcement issue?

You're defending here, and have supported the tactics of Antifa. That's much more interesting than what I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

2017 U.S. bodycount:

But, but Antifa!

Moral relativism, sir. And I don't see anyone here trying to lessen the crimes of white supremacists. But there is no doubt that Antifa, collectively, is engaging in widespread criminal violence and behavior, therefore imitating the very fascists they claim they're standing against.

Violence arising from a nominally 'peaceful' demonstration is still violence and no less of a strain of such than that committed by those white supremacists on the other side. Once you stoop to violence in the public square, where the free exercise of speech is sacrosanct (at least in my opinion), then you lose any claim to moral superiority or justification. As I've said before, I condemn both groups equally.

Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
That French cop was badass to remain calm during that assault by the peaceful protester.

I couldn't believe it. There'd have been some severely bloody (severely bloody, AT MINIMUM) protesters, if it had been me in that position. But that's why I never went into law enforcement. I just don't have that kind of self-restraint when it comes to scumbags. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

I couldn't believe it. There'd have been some severely bloody (severely bloody, AT MINIMUM) protesters, if it had been me in that position. But that's why I never went into law enforcement. I just don't have that kind of self-restraint when it comes to scumbags. ;-)

If you don't have that kind of self- restraint as a police officer then you are the scumbag.
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

If you don't have that kind of self- restraint as a police officer then you are the scumbag.

It'd be nice if you were this outraged at police actions in Cuba towards a certain group of women who like to wear white.
Quote Reply
Re: Antifa Members, Including American, On Trial In France (Trying to Torch Cops) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Oh, I'm with you on that. Cops can't go around beating the hell out of people. Unless they're defending themselves, that is. But even at that, it's a matter of degree of force to be used. I think the 'Kung Fu Cop' (as he's being called) had near-heroic self-restraint and chose not to employ anywhere near the degree of force he would have reasonably been allowed to employ. For sure, in the US, he'd have probably been allowed to use even deadly force, just looking at the way the rumble was playing out. But I think some of that has to do with how policing is looked at in much of western Europe and the UK and in the US.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Oh, I'm with you on that. Cops can't go around beating the hell out of people. Unless they're defending themselves, that is. But even at that, it's a matter of degree of force to be used. I think the 'Kung Fu Cop' (as he's being called) had near-heroic self-restraint and chose not to employ anywhere near the degree of force he would have reasonably been allowed to employ. For sure, in the US, he'd have probably been allowed to use even deadly force, just looking at the way the rumble was playing out. But I think some of that has to do with how policing is looked at in much of western Europe and the UK and in the US.

There seems to be a lot of reporting of police brutality lately. Yes, its a very tough job but cops still have to be held to a certain standard no matter what. But you're right about how policing is viewed in different countries. When I lived in England for a couple of years in the late 1970's the police didn't carry guns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That cop was like out of a Luc Besson movie.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply