Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Man wearing swastika goes looking for trouble - you'll never guess what happens next! [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
trail wrote:

Do you think it's smart to wear white supremacist gear in public, yell racial epithets and verbally threaten people and (maybe) throw a banana at a dude?

As I've said every day there are bar fights started over much less. And I don't see the Lavender Room hand-wringing over the illegality of unjustified bar fights.

Police kind of shrugged on this one. That's my response. A shrug and some schadenfreude. If the attacker got arrested for assault, I'd be fine with that too. Law is law.

When I read this all I can think is...

Do you think it's smart for a woman to wear a short skirt, high heals, and a tight shirt on a college campus? What did she expect to happen?

The campus police just shrugged their shoulders.....She had it coming.

There is value in your comparison in the sense that you are personally accountable for the consequences of your actions.

But the comparison is pretty weak otherwise. Mostly because it shows a complete misunderstanding of what motivates a rapist (vulnerability, not attractiveness).
Quote Reply
Re: Man wearing swastika goes looking for trouble - you'll never guess what happens next! [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Some people here seem to think that punching this guy is ok or justified.

Just thought I'd allow them to see the act so they can have better perspective.

So I ask again, is it ok if I punch a guy wearing a hammer & sickle shirt?

That was a set-up being used as a recruiting tool for The Resistence. So, fake news.

Everyone knows that a good Nazi is always prepared to start the violence and end it with death (I read that here on the LR). The guy taking the punch was a very dedicated Antifa brother.

Link? I dont doubt it... I just haven't seen or heard anything about it being staged.

Where else would you see or hear about this video? It's not on Drudge. Plus, no Nazi would allow a guy to simply step up and deliver a knock-out punch. Not like that. Nazi's are known to start the violence and will kill.
Quote Reply
Re: Man wearing swastika goes looking for trouble - you'll never guess what happens next! [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
trail wrote:

Do you think it's smart to wear white supremacist gear in public, yell racial epithets and verbally threaten people and (maybe) throw a banana at a dude?

As I've said every day there are bar fights started over much less. And I don't see the Lavender Room hand-wringing over the illegality of unjustified bar fights.

Police kind of shrugged on this one. That's my response. A shrug and some schadenfreude. If the attacker got arrested for assault, I'd be fine with that too. Law is law.

When I read this all I can think is...

Do you think it's smart for a woman to wear a short skirt, high heals, and a tight shirt on a college campus? What did she expect to happen?

The campus police just shrugged their shoulders.....She had it coming.

True, real slippery slope there. Raping a woman is such a close equivalent to punching a Nazi. Such a close moral equivalence that I'd have a hard time deciding which one is worse.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 20, 17 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Man wearing swastika goes looking for trouble - you'll never guess what happens next! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Nazi's are known to start the violence and will kill.

I don't get the pink. Nazis are, in fact, known to start violence and kill. There's some precedent there, historical and present-day.
Quote Reply
Re: Man wearing swastika goes looking for trouble - you'll never guess what happens next! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point (and you know it) is rationalizing violence based on someone's clothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Man wearing swastika goes looking for trouble - you'll never guess what happens next! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People are so triggered by the swastika.

I find it somewhat interesting.

A couple guys I train with have swastika tattoos. They get along just fine with some other guys I train with who have Brown Pride tattoos.

And yet other people will condone and or commit violence on someone with a swastika arm band.

Funny world we live in.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
My point (and you know it) is rationalizing violence based on someone's clothing.

No, I get it. And I make the same point I did above. My point (and you know it) is that it's silly to pretend it's "the clothing" and ignore all other context. It's the totality of being a white supremacist. Which involves clothing, speech, and action all combined in publicly and aggressively evangelizing white supremacy based on a genocidal ideology. Directly in front of the target of your ideology. The target of a rape is generally no threat to the rapist (until she starts to defend herself, if she does). Don't pretend that white supremacy isn't considered a threat to a black dude.

I get the free speech section. I support the ACLU in their lawsuits in defense of KKK members, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am being argumentative. I'd be in line to hit the dude myself but the guy that hit him should be arrested for it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next