Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I think that Trump must have a Korean sized penis if he thinks that it's necessary to have a parade of that sort.

Sounds like he's prepping his base for war.
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Can't we just slap a helmet on him, give him a big field and let him drive a tank around. Tell him that it is better than that pussy Dukakis, we're letting you steer.

Nah, just let him lead the parade.

Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
The American 4th has been mostly about having a good time. Parades are generally inclusive of all who want to participate.

Important point is that the 4th is not Veterans Day, or a celebration of the military. It's a celebration of our national independence, which encompasses much more than just the military.
I'm sure there's some available "founding father" statues that we could parade down the stree.

It's become popular to criticize the group that actually created that national independence that we're celebrating. Thoughtful idealists that created the first national republic that led the way for the world's nations to attempt to throw off their own despots. Arguably the most important group of men in history. But we're pulling down their statues because we demand that they also be judged by contemporary standards. So some statues ought to be available.

I don't think too many statues of founding fathers have been ripped down.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
The American 4th has been mostly about having a good time. Parades are generally inclusive of all who want to participate.

Important point is that the 4th is not Veterans Day, or a celebration of the military. It's a celebration of our national independence, which encompasses much more than just the military.

I'm sure there's some available "founding father" statues that we could parade down the stree.

It's become popular to criticize the group that actually created that national independence that we're celebrating. Thoughtful idealists that created the first national republic that led the way for the world's nations to attempt to throw off their own despots. Arguably the most important group of men in history. But we're pulling down their statues because we demand that they also be judged by contemporary standards. So some statues ought to be available.

Couple seconds on google will make my point. Here's one story.
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/17/watch-cnn-commentator-calls-for-the-removal-of-washington-and-jefferson-statues/

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Sep 19, 17 18:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

That is so right.

I do not understand why people are so critical to France and the French. Without France, Americans would have spoken English.
Last edited by: Halvard: Sep 19, 17 18:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/17/watch-cnn-commentator-calls-for-the-removal-of-washington-and-jefferson-statues/

Yeah, I saw that too. One CNN commentator calling for something stupid isn't the same as any kind of actual rash of statue removals.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

That is so right.

I do not understand why people are so critical to France and the French. Without France, Americans would have spoken English.

I don't understand why you won't answer yes or no if you were intimidated by Forge.
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I saw that too. One CNN commentator calling for something stupid isn't the same as any kind of actual rash of statue removals.

It's the Lavender Room. I took a little poetic license. It is, however, one example among many re. folks calling for removal of Founding Fathers statues, and that is what you asked for.

Re. w/o the French, we'd be speaking English. Well, that's fair. W/o the French, we'd have lost the revolution. Sure, that was the French Monarchy and their intent was mostly to punk England, but a debt is a debt.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Sep 19, 17 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Halvard wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

That is so right.

I don't understand why you won't answer yes or no if you were intimidated by Forge.

I thought it was the other way around. Halvard was not intimidated by Forge.
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Halvard wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

That is so right.

I thought it was the other way around. Halvard was not intimidated by Forge.

He's never answered. If he was intimidated then I guess Forge's banishment was legitimate but if not the banishment was baseless.
Quote Reply
Re: 4th of July military parade in DC? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Parading weapons which is used to kill people is offensive to perpetually offended. I can only imagine the protests by every anti-everything group that claims that they have the right to protest (and burn and destroy etc). Would be fun to watch.
Quote Reply

Prev Next