Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Suspected terror attack in London [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:
They don't have ti continue unabated, just certain elements of Western Society are too PC to support a plan for abatement.

the "non pc" version is that the colonialists drew lines and created fake countries for their own advantage not caring about the humans in those lines, which causes never ending tribal, ethnic, sectarian civil wars. then around the end of ww2 they no longer could keep that up and invited thousands of people from north africa/middle east to rebuild their countries from ww2, and since then have treated them as second class citizens. After that, U.S. took over but was just a neo colonialist instead of a straight up colonialist which is slightly different, they and whichever dictator they have been allied with has been committing mass murder in ME/NA since 1979, the latest great thing they are doing is helping Saudis genocide in Yemen. Stop being PC. That is your plan. Which as trump says means every mslm is either an informant or a criminal. Basically like north korea.

There's a whole lot of lack of knowledge and understanding in this post. I'll just assign you to the ignoramus crowd since I don't think you're informed enough to debate the topic cogently.

what lack of knowledge? the post is what happened, there is no debate about it, which is why you said nothing about it
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected terror attack in London [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:
They don't have ti continue unabated, just certain elements of Western Society are too PC to support a plan for abatement.

the "non pc" version is that the colonialists drew lines and created fake countries for their own advantage not caring about the humans in those lines, which causes never ending tribal, ethnic, sectarian civil wars. then around the end of ww2 they no longer could keep that up and invited thousands of people from north africa/middle east to rebuild their countries from ww2, and since then have treated them as second class citizens. After that, U.S. took over but was just a neo colonialist instead of a straight up colonialist which is slightly different, they and whichever dictator they have been allied with has been committing mass murder in ME/NA since 1979, the latest great thing they are doing is helping Saudis genocide in Yemen. Stop being PC. That is your plan. Which as trump says means every mslm is either an informant or a criminal. Basically like north korea.

There's a whole lot of lack of knowledge and understanding in this post. I'll just assign you to the ignoramus crowd since I don't think you're informed enough to debate the topic cogently.

what lack of knowledge? the post is what happened, there is no debate about it, which is why you said nothing about it

Well I'll just start with your first sentence. The Palestine Mandate was not a colony. It also did not create fake countries any more so than the Ottoman Empire did nor did it contribute or create any additional "tribal, ethnic, sectarian" strife. I mean if you want to call the Ottoman Empire colonists, have at it, but pretty sure they incorporated Palestine into the Empire and integrated it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:

Well I'll just start with your first sentence. The Palestine Mandate was not a colony. It also did not create fake countries any more so than the Ottoman Empire did nor did it contribute or create any additional "tribal, ethnic, sectarian" strife. I mean if you want to call the Ottoman Empire colonists, have at it, but pretty sure they incorporated Palestine into the Empire and integrated it.

actually it did, but that isnt the only one, syria, iraq, uae, bahrain, libya, algeria, uae, etc, they are all lines drawn by europeans, just almost every country in africa, asia, central/south america, this isnt a liberal or conservative thing to say, its known history, if you dont understand that you are not worth further debating, now go back to fox news and breitbart and read about how being against pc is going to save us all and nothing happened on earth prior to 2001
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm always fascinated by the paths and twists and turns these discussions take. Being honest for a moment, a lot of the countries in Africa (most especially) and the Middle East are the product of borders that were drawn in various fashion, sometimes haphazardly or nonsensically, over the centuries, that much is true.

But even if every bad "colonialist" or "neocolonialist" behavior that's the subject of some frankly turgid historical recitation by more than a few historians who should have known better (Howard Zinn comes immediately to mind), and it's also something that's mixed in with a fair amount of self-loathing by too many westerners in my opinion, there's simply no way to put that genie back in the bottle.

At this point, no matter what the West might do, the people standing in opposition to it -- such as this addled youth who pulled off the Tube bombing (only partially, thank G-d), no doubt with assistance from others -- would not be satisfied. No amount of "jobs programs" or "reparations" or what have you will matter. And "live and let live" is generally not in the lexicon of the people who are most avid to carry out these attacks, unfortunately.

It's a matter of a mandate to convert Dar al-Harb, or the land of war (or lands where Islam does not rule) into Dar al-Islam, or the lands where Islam rules. Perhaps if those former colonial powers hadn't been quite so tolerant of fundamentalist teachings in far too many madrassas throughout the Muslim world, when they were in fact colonialist powers and could have done something about it, we wouldn't be facing this problem now? It's a thought.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:
goregrind wrote:
windywave wrote:

actually it did, but that isnt the only one, syria, iraq, uae, bahrain, libya, algeria, uae, etc, they are all lines drawn by europeans, just almost every country in africa, asia, central/south america, this isnt a liberal or conservative thing to say, its known history, if you dont understand that you are not worth further debating, now go back to fox news and breitbart and read about how being against pc is going to save us all and nothing happened on earth prior to 2001

Uh you literally have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You are miahmashing a bunch of shit together in the wrong chronological order in your OP. Pick one event and we can discuss, please do so specifically and not bu reference.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected terror attack in London [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
getcereal wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

What would that plan look like?

Better yet you tell me an acceptable plan since you seem to be anti-abatement

I am pro-abatement. Why don't you tell me the plan?

For starters- here is a crazy thought, maybe stop the people coming to the UK from countries where you can't vet them.
Oh wait some liberal judge, liberals and the media will call that racist. Nobody wants to be wants to be called a racist.

So never mind, Like the Muslim mayor of London says.

"Terror attacks are “part and parcel of life in a big city,” ~ Sadiq Khan

Was this terrorist an immigrant? Or was he like most, born and bred in England?

Well the second guy arrested was a Syrian refugee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Well the second guy arrested was a Syrian refugee

The first one arrested, the 18-year-old, was a refugee from the Middle East as well. An Iraqi who came to the UK as a 15-year-old and was fostered by a 71-year-old woman and her 88-year-old husband, who have cared for hundreds of other children and teens over the years.

In a somewhat typical development, it turns out the Iraqi was also arrested two weeks ago, and it was at the same tube station (Parsons Green). He was also described by a neighbor as being 'awful'. I don't know what that means, though.

The woman had told the same neighbor that she was "at her end" with the Iraqi 18-year-old and was going to give him up or however it is that British foster parents end such fosterages.

Details as to why he was arrested at that tube station are a bit murky at this point. His arrest a fortnight ago makes him more of a 'known wolf' than a lone wolf when it comes to this terror attack.

The Syrian refugee, a 21-year-old who, by all accounts, lived a typical Western lifestyle in London (he was from Hounslow), had also been fostered by the same elderly couple for a time before he moved out to live on his own. The couple's home was raided Saturday, and some reports say that explosives were found, which shouldn't be surprising, giving the Iraqi's bomb-making activities. Below, the Syrian (Yahyah Farroukh):

CCTV captured the Iraqi suspected bomber entering the Parsons Green tube station, a large bag believed to contain his bucket-sized bomb in hand:

These events bring to mind the story of the scorpion and the frog, the scorpion of course stinging the frog once that amphibian carries the venomous arachnid safely across the river.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected terror attack in London [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now the big reveal, as the media has moved on to the next news cycle.

Quote Reply

Prev Next