Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Senator Feinstein, why did you vote for Ruth Bader Ginseberg? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:
The US was built on 'common sense values'. Be kind, be generous, work hard, take care of your family etc.
The notion of Judeo-Christian ethics stems from the work of George Orwell in the late 30s. He's not American, and that was about 160yrs after the independence.
It still took 10 years or so to finalize a common ground between both sets of moral values, which anyway, are far from being shared only by Jews and Christians.

You must have skipped reading the Declaration of Independence and Constitution unless the Creator and Lord references are scrivener error

Those vague references refer to which god?

You must have skipped reading the treaty of tripoli too..

The God of Abraham. Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Speaking of being intentionally obtuse... how does this fit with your position?

John adams, you may have heard of him...founding father, first vice president, second president, signed a document that said this..

"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

But what the hell would he know?!? Obviously you know better ;)

Citation to Adams quote
Quote Reply
Re: Senator Feinstein, why did you vote for Ruth Bader Ginseberg? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:
The US was built on 'common sense values'. Be kind, be generous, work hard, take care of your family etc.
The notion of Judeo-Christian ethics stems from the work of George Orwell in the late 30s. He's not American, and that was about 160yrs after the independence.
It still took 10 years or so to finalize a common ground between both sets of moral values, which anyway, are far from being shared only by Jews and Christians.

You must have skipped reading the Declaration of Independence and Constitution unless the Creator and Lord references are scrivener error

John adams, you may have heard of him...founding father, first vice president, second president, signed a document that said this..

"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Citation to Adams quote

Lol

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Senator Feinstein, why did you vote for Ruth Bader Ginseberg? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:

Citation to Adams quote

Lol

I want to read it in context goof
Quote Reply
Re: Senator Feinstein, why did you vote for Ruth Bader Ginseberg? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:

Citation to Adams quote

Lol

My apologies, i thought you were trying to dissmiss it if adams didnt write every word.

I posted a link earlier in the thread to the treaty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:

Citation to Adams quote

Lol

My apologies, i thought you were trying to dissmiss it if adams didnt write every word.

I posted a link earlier in the thread to the treaty.

In context both literal and historical I feel that supports my position as well. Remember my position is that of an establishment of a state religion and I argue forcefully that the US government has been and must remail secular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good article on the topic this thread evolved into. https://www.forbes.com/...nation/#4d1712ef4e7b
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Francois wrote:

You mean values like those expressed in the bible?

Just because something is expressed in a book does not mean the idea originated in the book.

As the old BK would say BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Senator Feinstein, why did you vote for Ruth Bader Ginseberg? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Francois wrote:

You mean values like those expressed in the bible?

Just because something is expressed in a book does not mean the idea originated in the book.

As the old BK would say BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

The old bk would have written several pages of political arguments.

Are you disagreeing with me? I cant tell.

Quote Reply

Prev Next