Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Notes from my new favourite Judge
Quote | Reply
Whilst I have no idea if his rulings are any good, his notes on his ruling are truly amazing.

To quote the article, without further ado I present to you a selection of the work of The Honourable Mr. Justice Joseph W. Quinn of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.

http://blog.naoshad.com/...ustice-joseph-quinn/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Notes from my new favourite Judge [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An example from a divorce case.

Larry gave evidence that, less than one month later, Catherine “Tried to run me over with her van.” [See Note 6 below]
Note 6: This is always a telltale sign that a husband and wife are drifting apart.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pure gold....
[82] Sandra testified that Catherine “gave me the finger while driving on Bunting Road”. [See Note 28 below]
Note 28: I am uncertain whether this would be considered a hand-held communication device, now illegal while operating a motor vehicle under recent amendments to the Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this one:

"Sandra testified that Catherine “gave me the finger while driving on Bunting Road”. [See Note 28 below]

Note 28: I am uncertain whether this would be considered a hand-held communication device, now illegal while operating a motor vehicle under recent amendments to the Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
An example from a divorce case.

Larry gave evidence that, less than one month later, Catherine “Tried to run me over with her van.” [See Note 6 below]
Note 6: This is always a telltale sign that a husband and wife are drifting apart.

Drifting apart? Sounds to me like she was trying to bring them closer together!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome!

Catherine and Larry sound like a great couple:

"Note 3: I am prepared to certify a class action for the return of all wedding gifts."
Quote Reply
Re: Notes from my new favourite Judge [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the judge ever lets gems like these slip out at the bench?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, we can use some humor...

After Fridriksson wobbled out of the witness box, the trial lasted another money-burning 46 days, for a total of 72 days, spread over three years (yes, three years)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Whilst I have no idea if his rulings are any good, his notes on his ruling are truly amazing.

To quote the article, without further ado I present to you a selection of the work of The Honourable Mr. Justice Joseph W. Quinn of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.

Judicial gold. I love this jurist! :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Notes from my new favourite Judge [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Judicial gold. I love this jurist! :-)

My wife (a lawyer) confirmed that these rulings are legit. She used to work in family law and is disappointed that she never met this Judge.

Quote Reply