Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CFL hires Briles
Quote | Reply
Well on the positive side he didn't rape anyone...

"Former Baylor coach Art Briles, who was fired last year after the university's investigation of its handling of allegations of sexual assault by students, was hired Monday as an assistant coach by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League."

I guess the standards must be really low to hire that jack ass.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: CFL hires Briles [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Well on the positive side he didn't rape anyone...

"Former Baylor coach Art Briles, who was fired last year after the university's investigation of its handling of allegations of sexual assault by students, was hired Monday as an assistant coach by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League."

I guess the standards must be really low to hire that jack ass.

Jeezus ESPN, just how much are you sucking Briles balls. Could you try to soften the blow anymore and make your article any more ambiguous as to who was doing the raping? I bet I could read another 99 ESPN articles about college football and all 99 articles will reference "student-athletes" or just plain old "football players" . The failing ESPN.

From SBNation, at east they're accurately reporting why he was fired:
"The CFL’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced the hiring of former Houston and Baylor head coach Art Briles, who was fired in May 2016 amid the Bears’ program-wide sexual assault scandal, as an offensive assistant."

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The CFL didn't hire him. The Hamilton Tiger Cats hired him.

The CFL has stepped in and told the TiCats that they wouldn't be hiring him after all.

Your outrage has been mollified.

And now I will continue not giving two shits about anything that happens in the CFL.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: CFL hires Briles [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

The CFL has stepped in and told the TiCats that they wouldn't be hiring him after all.

And now I will continue not giving two shits about anything that happens in the CFL.

Glad to see the CFL has some cajones.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Cajones? I'd call it a sissy move. They bowed to public pressure.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If they had cajones they would have blocked the deal before they realized the public outcry. Doing it after the fact is just self-preservation.
Quote Reply
Re: CFL hires Briles [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Self preservation? Isn't football the sports break between commercials peaking sometime near the end of January?
Quote Reply
Re: CFL hires Briles [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't football the sports break between commercials peaking sometime near the end of January?

Football has a lot of similarities with commercials. Football has a few minutes of action followed by commercials and commercials have a few minutes of action followed by football.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever happened to the rest of the folks from Baylor -- university president, AD, assistant coaches?
Quote Reply
Re: CFL hires Briles [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what happened to Starr; I believe I read he was removed from his post as president but allowed to retain his faculty appointment. AD was pretty much just fired, straight up. Assistants ~ I'd guess several were shown the door or left for other opportunities, but pretty sure I read a few (including Briles' son) were retained by the new HC, which seemed at least a little nutty to me.
Quote Reply
Re: CFL hires Briles [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
Whatever happened to the rest of the folks from Baylor -- university president, AD, assistant coaches?

The AD, McCaw, got hired by Liberty University. Briles's son, Kendal, was hired by FAU, and the defensive coordinator was hired by Arizona State.
Quote Reply