Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
BLeP wrote:

It doesn't matter if it's a good thing. All that matters is that people are hypocrites.

I think if people are hypocritical it severely undermines their credibility when they want to complain about something. The actions should be judged for themselves fairly, not based on who did them. So from that standpoint, I think it matters quit a bit if someone is a hypocrite.

You mean like a guy saying 'I love wikileaks' one day, and then saying leakers should be prosecuted the next?
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I would guess if the Fed had cooperated all along then this would not have happened.

Exactly. She definitely shouldn't have worn that dress.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
j p o wrote:
Slowman wrote:
j p o wrote:
Unless you are applying Dan's standard and saying that everyone that didn't say it was bad were actually saying it was good.

did you think you could make shit up and i just wouldn't see it? slowman sees.

I figured your Google alert was for "slowman" not "dan".

And who better to pile on than someone who agrees withave you?

i have no problem with the pile on. i just wanted to remind everyone that i am the 3 eyed crow of slowtwitch. hold the door.

The really boring part everyone wants to skip ro get to the good stuff?
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooops, Reporter slipped and threw out a lobbed ball.... Crack! Out of the park....

Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't he supposed to be draining the swamp and not just be giving political allies a reach around?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Wasn't he supposed to be draining the swamp and not just be giving political allies a reach around?

He says a lot of stuff, maybe a quarter of it might slightly be true. But I do love how he trolls the crappy media.
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
out of the park? I guess because he can almost read words that someone else prepared for him he hit the ball but I wouldn't say it was a home run by far- I'm not even sure it passed the infield. "Weathered" Underground and "you've heard the term Leaker?" indicate to me he's never seen those words before and couldn't help but ad lib while reading his staff's investigation notes.

When you justify your actions by pointing to other presidents' criticized actions, you're starting behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
BLeP wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Who got a better deal is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. You're forgetting that this is the But but but Obama! game.

See, Obama gave Manning a better deal. Thus Obama is worse than the new Hitler.

That's not the comparison at all. The question is: are you freaking out over the Trump pardon? And if you are, what was your take on Manning's deal? It's about "you" (the people reacting), not about them. If your reaction is worse to Trump's pardon, which is far less a big deal IMO, then your reaction is more about Trump than the action he took. <I'm not talking specifically about you when I say "you" here> That's my angle anyway. I don't care about the deal with the sheriff, and wouldn't have if Obama had done it either. Manning should still be in jail, and I'd say the same no matter who let her out.

Why has nobody mentioned the appearance of a quid pro quo?

Arpaio was an early and huge supporter of Trump's campaign. Trump got elected and then helped his friend out. That looks kind of sleazy to me. Especially as the pardon is so early in his term.

On the other hand, whether or not you like the idea of commuting Manning's sentence it seems pretty clear that Obama did not receive a benefit from doing so.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Bit confused by pardon outrage [dry heat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dry heat wrote:
Interesting perspectives from people outside of AZ...ya'all lack a lot of context.

Can you provide the context from inside AZ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next