Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mayweather v. McGregor Live Fight Thread [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
JSA wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Did we watch the same fight? Mayweather may have been sizing him up, but he certainly didn't capatilize strictly based on that knowledge. Connor arguably won the first four rounds.

Really?????

Moretti: 87-83 Mayweather
Clements: 89-82 Mayweather
Cavalleri: 89-81 Mayweather

I'm shocked boxing judges scored it lopsided for the boxer. The only people I have heard that gave FM any of the first three rounds are two of these judges. How do you win a round when you throw 6 punches and get hit 20 times?

Floyd slips a lot of punches. But I agree, McGregor should've had the first 3 rounds on all the scorecards. Compubox stats:

https://pbs.twimg.com/...EwUMAAOwrF.jpg:large

Don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of CM, but looking at the criteria of how judges score rounds, they probably scored correctly. Any madman can go into a fight and land more punches than his opponent, but were they effective? I don't think Conor was effective at all. He gassed himself out and landed very few punches that hurt FM. Meanwhile, FM's defence was perfect. He barely broke a sweat. The judges are experienced enough to know that you don't win rounds by simply using up all of your energy on punches that don't cause any damage. Look at the rules which I posted earlier.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayweather v. McGregor Live Fight Thread [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of CM, but looking at the criteria of how judges score rounds, they probably scored correctly. Any madman can go into a fight and land more punches than his opponent, but were they effective? I don't think Conor was effective at all. He gassed himself out and landed very few punches that hurt FM. Meanwhile, FM's defence was perfect. He barely broke a sweat. The judges are experienced enough to know that you don't win rounds by simply using up all of your energy on punches that don't cause any damage. Look at the rules which I posted earlier.
So a boxer can win a round now because he saved himself up for a round in the future? I can see someone talking about a strategic victory in that case, but not an actual scorecard victory.

I don't know much about boxing. I guess I always thought the scoring was about landed punches.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayweather v. McGregor Live Fight Thread [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:

So a boxer can win a round now because he saved himself up for a round in the future? I can see someone talking about a strategic victory in that case, but not an actual scorecard victory.

I don't know much about boxing. I guess I always thought the scoring was about landed punches.

I totally agree with what you're saying, but if you look at the rules, the judges could have looked at CM's aggressive effectiveness vs Floyd's defence and ruled against CM. However, like I said in an earlier post, they didn't want CM to win so they gave the round to Floyd. If the opposite had happened, maybe everyone would be hailing CM's defence. But again,I'm just trying to look at it through a biased judges eyes.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayweather v. McGregor Live Fight Thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And they thought the Mayweather fight would never happen, look what is next...

Last edited by: getcereal: Aug 29, 17 11:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next