Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carls Jr
Quote | Reply
https://www.reddit.com/..._video_at_fast_food/

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Carls Jr [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read this story earlier today. What I love is that the guy was reported, reprimanded and has taken some course on food handling. Yet this guy still felt the need to run to the press with it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Carls Jr [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I read this story earlier today. What I love is that the guy was reported, reprimanded and has taken some course on food handling. Yet this guy still felt the need to run to the press with it.

I bet the owner still doesn't give a damn. That franchisee should fail.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I'd bet quite a lot that the franchisee had to take a food safety course when he was acquiring the business. It just didn't take.

And do you really need to be told not to put your arm in the tub of BBQ sauce and squeegee the sauce back in off your arm? Or pick up food from the floor?

Given that he was told and didn't care before, what are the chances he is cured?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Carls Jr [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I'd bet quite a lot that the franchisee had to take a food safety course when he was acquiring the business. It just didn't take.

And do you really need to be told not to put your arm in the tub of BBQ sauce and squeegee the sauce back in off your arm? Or pick up food from the floor?

Given that he was told and didn't care before, what are the chances he is cured?

I am not saying that he's "cured". I guess I just don't understand why the default for everyone with a beef now is run to the media to shame everyone.

It seems like every day I read a story and my first thought is "who tells the media this stuff? This isn't news".

Customer gets $5000 bill from phone company. Phone company refuses to reimburse because the idiot went to Russia and didn't get a roaming plan. NEWS!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It seems like every day I read a story and my first thought is "who tells the media this stuff? This isn't news".

I don't think that applies to this story. If I ate at that Carl's Jr. on occasion, I'd sure like to know that this kind of thing was going on so that I could steer clear in the future.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At first I thought maybe publishing the story would encourage any other offenders out there to get their act together but I doubt the kind of person willing to go go elbow deep into a jug of BBQ sauce can learn from others mistakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Carls Jr [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/comments/6vi4g8/disgusting_behaviour_caught_on_video_at_fast_food/

Having just about 40 years in the food industry I'll bite, what did he do wrong? Anyone ever been in the back of bakery where they bake bread by hand? Sure I guess you could get some hair in the sauce but it's highly unlikely, from a health and safety point as long as he washed up first there's virtually no foul here, nothing, nada, move along nothing to see.

I have to update my reply, I didn't read the part that he was handling raw chicken and then not washing his hands, not good he should be banned.
Last edited by: 50+: Aug 23, 17 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: Carls Jr [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I agree. The guy who makes my sushi uses his bare hands and I pick food off the floor and eat it all the time.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply