Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Now how stupid is this....
Quote | Reply
Hopes that Trump is assassinated and tweets it.

http://www.cbc.ca/...tion-posts-1.4252610
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is amazing how many people aren't bright enough to keep their private thoughts private.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
It is amazing how many people aren't bright enough to keep their private thoughts private.

That would include Trump, but this lady is totally over the top. I'm wondering if the Dems will force her to step down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably in line for a promotion

Quote | Reply
It was Facebook, not twitter. And yes she's an idiot and should step down.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
j p o wrote:

That would include Trump, but this lady is totally over the top. I'm wondering if the Dems will force her to step down.

I'll guess she won't step down. She'll make a non-honest apology, wait it out and the next week it will be forgotten.

I miss the days when people actually were forced out of office for being dumb/bad/corrupt. Now the tactic is to hunker down and the public tends to forget, especially if you are in a state where your party is strong. For instance, Mark Sanford weathered the storm of hiking the Appalachian Trail and is back in Congress.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you can recognize stupidity. There might be hope for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

This is carrying freedom of speech way to freaking far. It's hateful speech, and if someone said the same about her she'd be screaming to have them arrested.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

This is carrying freedom of speech way to freaking far. It's hateful speech, and if someone said the same about her she'd be screaming to have them arrested.

Why do you hate the founding fathers?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
j p o wrote:

The denouncement was pretty swift and from what I have read, came from her own party first. And yes, she should resign.

U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) condemned the remark in a statement, calling it “outrageous” and saying that Chappelle-Nadal should resign.

U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) said that calling for the president's assassination is a federal crime. He said that Chappelle-Nadal is “an embarrassment to our state,” according to the Post-Dispatch.

Calls for her resignation also came from Republican Gov. Eric Greitens and Missouri's Democratic Party chairman, Stephen Webber, as a statement by Senate Minority Leader Gina Walsh stated, “There is too much rancor and hate in today’s political discourse, and Sen. Chappelle-Nadal should be ashamed of herself for adding her voice to this toxic environment.”
Missouri Lt. Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, made the same appeal.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
I'm glad you can recognize stupidity. There might be hope for you.

I've recognized your stupidity since the first day.
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
j p o wrote:
U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) condemned the remark in a statement, calling it “outrageous” and saying that Chappelle-Nadal should resign.

U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) said that calling for the president's assassination is a federal crime. He said that Chappelle-Nadal is “an embarrassment to our state,” according to the Post-Dispatch.

Calls for her resignation also came from Republican Gov. Eric Greitens and Missouri's Democratic Party chairman, Stephen Webber, as a statement by Senate Minority Leader Gina Walsh stated, “There is too much rancor and hate in today’s political discourse, and Sen. Chappelle-Nadal should be ashamed of herself for adding her voice to this toxic environment.”
Missouri Lt. Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, made the same appeal.

One of these is a long time friend of mine who issued a strongly worded public statement yesterday. I emailed this person letting him know I agree that her comments were abhorrent and was looking for a similarly strong worded condemnation of Trump's statements defending the alt-right. Sadly I haven't heard back nor have I heard this person rebuke Trump for his part in ginning up the KKK/ white nationalists/ confederacy cry-babies.
Quote Reply
Re: Now how stupid is this.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Why do you hate the founding fathers?

Why? They weren't specific enough on the second amendment. All they had to do was write "All Americans have the right to keep and bear arms of their choosing." And some people call Jefferson a genius....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply