Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?"
Quote | Reply
The 21st century isn't working out as I'd hoped. ;-)

The Houston Chronicle reports that one woman asked, ‘Most kids go back to school that day. Can it be done on the weekend?’”

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing like school to ruin a perfectly good moment to learn
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well? Can it?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm more annoyed with the location than the time. I wish one could be done closer to where I live, it's so inconvenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Well? Can it?

that was my...second thought, when i read the title of this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Well? Can it?

Maybe, I'm trying to find a converter from the Georgian Calendar back to the Julian Calendar, but I'm not really finding anything good. Best i can see, it would change it to a Wednesday. Not 100% certain and dont want to put in the effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd prefer that we do it at night, when it won't be so damn hot outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
I'd prefer that we do it at night, when it won't be so damn hot outside.

Hahahahahahaha! I'm with you on that one! :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Well? Can it?

Maybe, I'm trying to find a converter from the Georgian Calendar back to the Julian Calendar, but I'm not really finding anything good. Best i can see, it would change it to a Wednesday. Not 100% certain and dont want to put in the effort.

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this one, sir. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet she voted for Trump

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

As long as she didn't vote for Johnson/Weld I'm cool with her. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Well? Can it?

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this one, sir. :-)

Anytime!! I had a finance professor back in the day who was big into the Georgian/Julian calendar difference so he talked about it a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of schools that are along the path of closing that day.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just south of St. Louis is a four day music festival called Moonstock. Apparently Ozzy Osbourne will be singing Bark at the Moon during the eclipse. On Monday the music festival starts at 6 AM to 10 PM. Who in the hell's gonna get up at 6 AM to go sees some random bands?

I heard this morning that Bonnie Raitt is on a cruise ship and she will be singing Total Eclipse of the Heart.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I'm sure she voted early.
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
RandMart wrote:

And often. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C'mon guys, if you can actually read the article, she asked whether the museum's eclipse party could be held on the weekend. It's possible to have a party celebrating the eclipse without actually having an eclipse occur at the same time. Or have you never been to a Christmas party that was not actually on Christmas day?

#Fakenews
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dapper Dan wrote:
C'mon guys, if you can actually read the article, she asked whether the museum's eclipse party could be held on the weekend. It's possible to have a party celebrating the eclipse without actually having an eclipse occur at the same time. Or have you never been to a Christmas party that was not actually on Christmas day?

#Fakenews

Don't bring reality into this one, sir. We're having too much fun. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schools in our county and neighboring counties are all closed for eclipse day. Because, you know, darkness.

Sigh.

My mother in law was practically apoplectic that her daughter might be taking a flight that day. Because, you know, darkness.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Just south of St. Louis is a four day music festival called Moonstock. Apparently Ozzy Osbourne will be singing Bark at the Moon during the eclipse. On Monday the music festival starts at 6 AM to 10 PM. Who in the hell's gonna get up at 6 AM to go sees some random bands?

I heard this morning that Bonnie Raitt is on a cruise ship and she will be singing Total Eclipse of the Heart.

*cough* Bonnie TYLER *cough*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
RandMart wrote:

And often. ;-)

For Johnson? As in Lyndon B?
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
RandMart wrote:

And often. ;-)

For Johnson? As in Lyndon B?

Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico. And an Ironman Hawaii finisher. William Weld, former governor of Massachusetts, was his running mate. They're who I voted for last November, Dan Slowman's "binary choice" be damned. ;-)

I think that Lyndon fellah's been dead for a few decades.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and so were some of his electorates ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Genius Award Winner: Mom Asks "Can Solar Eclipse Be Done On Weekend?" [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

*cough* Bonnie TYLER *cough*

My bad, thank you for the correction.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Told my wife about this. Her response, "well at least her an is in school"

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply