Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while it sucks that this happened to you. I"m a bit impressed they were able to hit you. Shooting from a moving vehicle, to a moving target, and I'm sure you legs were doing at least 90rpm.
I'm starting to wonder if this is a secret group that has received high level training from someone.. maybe Forge??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Even though I don't care that there's no legal punishment and I'm not angry, I'm still kind of miffed that there are no consequences of any sort & am thinking of a third way of dealing with it (something between just completely rolling over like he didn't do it and punishment/revenge...like maybe trying to hire him to do grunt work humping heavy loads with me as I redo landscaping; not much to make a person regret what they did than being treated with dignity by the person they wronged).
Sugar in the gas tank? A few tacks in the tires....
Quote Reply
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:
your restraint is impressive. I'm not certain I could have waited until the end of the ride to report and I know for a fact I would not have been able to hold back from going next door to find the little shit.

Yep. Same here.

Same here. I'm the type of guy that takes a picture of poorly parked cars next to mine so if I'm keyed, I can take revenge (commuter lot so good chance they will eventually be parked there again).

Kudos for the restraint OP!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update #2: I was out on a lunchtime ride today, headed westbound on one of two semi-busy roads I travel to get out into lightly trafficked roads. Headed eastbound was the same black van, slows down, moves over the yellow line, screams at me. The kid should have been in school, but the district gave a free pass for excused absences today due to high heat, not really necessary but helpful for some kids who might not be able to handle it so well with extra water, etc....and this delinquent is the kind of kid who'd take advantage of that just because he thinks he's too much of a badass for school. He's not a badass since he's only "tough" when he's in the safety of his car, and now I kind of want to hunt him down and beat him. I may be a good, peaceful, pacifist man the first time, but it appears that I want to kick ass when someone messes with me the second time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My neighbor talked to his dad, who supposedly got on the kid's case and talked to all 3 kids in the car. They all had different stories of what happened.

From your earlier update I quoted I'm guessing getting on the kids case didn't really do much. Yelling at you because he recognized you from the BB incident or just yelling at a cyclists ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good question. I wish it were me who got on his case before. The only times I've encountered the kid were when he or his friend shot me and today. It was the police officer and his dad who were supposed to be on his case before.

My hunch is that he was just yelling at me today because I'm a cyclist, he thinks it makes him cool, and he's actually too much of a pussy to exhibit that kind of behavior to someone's face. It's not my nature of inclination, but there are plenty of people who, figuratively speaking, beat jumpy animals like that for their behavior. Chances are, this kid eventually encounters one because at 18 he's old enough to know how to behave better and it'll be a while before he learns a hard lesson and matures...which may take him fucking with the wrong person.

Leddy wrote:
Quote:
My neighbor talked to his dad, who supposedly got on the kid's case and talked to all 3 kids in the car. They all had different stories of what happened.

From your earlier update I quoted I'm guessing getting on the kids case didn't really do much. Yelling at you because he recognized you from the BB incident or just yelling at a cyclists ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you see him outside the house just ask him what he yelled at you. You couldn't quite understand it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I could. He lives about a mile away, but I've never seen him or his parents at my neighbor's house. My neighbor is awesome, so I don't want it to get awkward, but I still want to beat his brother's ass.

BLeP wrote:
When you see him outside the house just ask him what he yelled at you. You couldn't quite understand it.
Quote Reply
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tire slash went through my head. More precisely, not slashing, but strategic placement of heavy screws underneath a couple of tires.

I considered the Fly 12/6 combo because I do ride a lot. The thing is that in the tens of thousands of miles I've ridden in this area over the last decade we've lived here, I've had no issues to speak of really...except now for this kid. There was the idiot a few weeks ago who passed me going southbound, didn't realize how fast I was going, didn't leave enough time to properly slow down after he passed me before he had to turn right into his driveway, went with too much speed, took it a little wide, dropped his front driver's tire into a ditch on the side of the driveway, suspending his rear passenger tire ~15" off the ground, totally hung up. That didn't endanger me a bit, but provided a lot of laughs. I wish I could have had that on camera!

spudone wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Update #2: I was out on a lunchtime ride today, headed westbound on one of two semi-busy roads I travel to get out into lightly trafficked roads. Headed eastbound was the same black van, slows down, moves over the yellow line, screams at me. The kid should have been in school, but the district gave a free pass for excused absences today due to high heat, not really necessary but helpful for some kids who might not be able to handle it so well with extra water, etc....and this delinquent is the kind of kid who'd take advantage of that just because he thinks he's too much of a badass for school. He's not a badass since he's only "tough" when he's in the safety of his car, and now I kind of want to hunt him down and beat him. I may be a good, peaceful, pacifist man the first time, but it appears that I want to kick ass when someone messes with me the second time.

My vengeful side would want to go find his car at home and slash his tires.

My pragmatic side would be investing in a Fly12 / Fly6 combo and start recording that crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How on earth did I miss this thread??

Do you feel this was motivated by your full and healthy head of hair?

Seriously though way to keep a level head here. Sounds like this little asshole is just down with harassing cyclists. If I were you I would still report #2. Guessing your not the only cyclist he is yelling/shooting/etc.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

This. People get a lot more polite when confronted and called out on their bullshit.

A few years back a guy laid on his horn and buzzed me one Sunday morning... less than a mile up the road I spot the car parked outside a bakery. I roll up next to the passenger side (his wife was sitting in the passenger seat) and waved to her. She looked like she just about shit herself. Guy walks out of the bakery at the same time, fat fucker with his arms full of boxes of donuts. As soon as he saw me he got an "Oh shit" look on his face. Asked him what his problem was and he started apologising, claiming he thought I was someone he knew. Then his wife started threatening to call the police. I told her to go ahead, he told her to knock it off. Told him to just keep eating those donuts and rode off laughing, then waved to them as they drove past me again, but with more room this time.
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Sep 25, 17 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It had to be my luscious locks. They are irresistible. And now I've been sprouting a beard as well. I think it's 4-5 weeks old. One morning I just went all Forrest Gump with my facial hair and decided to start not shaving. One day I might decide to stop. But with this manliness going on, I don't know how the kid has the gall to screw with me. Comparatively, the little low life messing with me would be like a normal human messing with Chuck Norris.

Skipjack wrote:
How on earth did I miss this thread??

Do you feel this was motivated by your full and healthy head of hair?

Seriously though way to keep a level head here. Sounds like this little asshole is just down with harassing cyclists. If I were you I would still report #2. Guessing your not the only cyclist he is yelling/shooting/etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's time to invest in a dash cam? They make them for bikes now.
Quote Reply
Re: Someone shot me yesterday... [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Yeah the video recording is something I haven't coughed up the money for yet, but the more stories I see like this, the closer I get. It's like insurance but a one time fee instead of ongoing monthly payments.

Plus that Fly12 has a big enough light I could bike commute with it during the dark winter season. If I got motivated :)

I've had this combo for about a month now. I got them after an unpleasant encounter with a hipster douchebag on my way to my twice-weekly group ride. Highly recommend them. You can set the Fly12 for 720 dpi HD recording; the Fly6 defaults to this (I think). If you don't run the lights constantly (turn them off once it's light enough), you can get upwards of 6-8 hours of battery life out of them. With lights, it's closer to 4. Invest in the largest SIM card you can get. Totally worth it. I managed to record an entire century ride a couple of weekends ago - 5.25 hours of riding time; 6 hours of total time. Still had at least 1/4 of battery life left on both cameras.

Since getting the cameras, I haven't had anymore run-ins, but I've caught several close passes and have turned in about 3 aggressive drivers to the Colorado State Police's aggressive driver database. I was able to do this because the cameras caught license plates pretty clearly.

My recommendation is to spend the $300.00. It's worth the investment in my book.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply

Prev Next