Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two great shows.
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I was tortured by the Wet Hot American Summer series. I was destroyed. I was convinced that comedy was dead. Until I watched What We Do In The Shadows and the Pickle Rick episode of Rick And Morty. COMEDY LIVES!!!

What We Do In The Shadows is a comedic documentary about a flat shared by 4 vampires. It is amazing. The jokes are dead on. The violence is cartoonishly over the top in the right amounts. Not a weak actor in the movie. It's close to perfect. Stu is the man and the best!

RIck And Morty is a cartoon about a mad scientist and his family. It is horrifically violent, inappropriate and smarter than almost anything on TV. In the utter chaos in every episode it never goes to far in any direction and holds strong story lines. The episode with Pickle Rick is a triumph.

What these two shows know and WHAS can't understand is if you are going to go stupid you have to be smart. If you look at the great works of dumb comedy you see it is built on a foundation of total understanding. You can't just act like an asshole and wink. You have to build a bulletproof world that contains the insanity.
Quote Reply
Re: Two great shows. [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Two great shows. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
White Jesus is mean. Right back at you Jesus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son loves Rick and Morty, BTW.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Aziz Anzari's series, "Master of None". Pretty funny if you like his comedy.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baskets.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Two great shows. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved season 1, but was a little underwhelmed with season 2.

Hassan Minhaj's Netflix stand up special/one man show titled "Homecoming King" is beyond brilliant, one of the best things I've seen in comedy. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and touching. And I like to be touched.

CaptainCanada wrote:
Check out Aziz Anzari's series, "Master of None". Pretty funny if you like his comedy.
Quote Reply