Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Was this a bitch move?
Quote | Reply
I have been working on this hospital word for about a 1 1/2 of a year. There is this much older, somewhat bitchy, near retirement co-worker who is higher up then I am. Sometimes we work together, often not. During this time I have received many positive feedback from patients and co-workers.
When I went to work, she told me that a patient has complained about me to my supervisor, that she can't talk about what the compliant was because it wasn't her patient and that the supervisor won't be back for 5 days so I will have to wait.
I was quite stressed for a while as I have never had anybody complain about me. But I do find her conduct quite bitchy/petty, emotional manipulation. It wasn't her patient, so why is she telling me this? She must know that complaints can cause stress especially if one doesn't know what it is and especially if you don't know and have to wait 5 days to find out.
I am not too worried about the complain as I know the patient and can't think of anything that I did wrong.
So, once I find out what the complaint is what do I do? Even If I did do something wrong, I find the conduct of this co-worker very inappropriate.
Thanks for feedback...

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Bad move on her part.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deal with the complaint (if it's even real) in a normal manner.

Leave your co worker out of it - don't share anything about it, good or bad.

Silence is your weapon. Less is way more.

If she asks tell her you're not at liberty to discuss another persons patient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People who are unhappy delight in making those around them unhappy, too. She's just looking to drop a little shit on you, that's all. I'll bet this so-called complaint turns out to be a big nothing burger. Put it (and her) behind you.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [TriHard Indiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHard Indiana wrote:
People who are unhappy delight in making those around them unhappy, too. She's just looking to drop a little shit on you, that's all. I'll bet this so-called complaint turns out to be a big nothing burger. Put it (and her) behind you.

This. She is just trying to stir shit up. Ignore it keep the head down and keep working. If its a true issue, your manager would address it with you. Some people just love work drama.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The next time you are alone together but in earshot of other co workers just exclaim really loudly " DO NOT TOUCH ME THERE, I SAID NO!!" then rush out of the room.

She will stay away from you until she retires.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a little shit, that's a monstrous turd! It may also backfire.
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
That's not a little shit, that's a monstrous turd! It may also backfire.

Clearly. I figured it was over the top enough that people would know it was facetious.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and funny as hell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make peace with the situation now and remain calm and emotionless when you speak with your supervisor. I'm not clear how she knows about the complaint if it wasn't her patient and she's not your supervisor. It may be a rumor, it may be made up, but I'm guessing most complaints are due to someone being emotional and getting offended rather than because people did something wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tie fishing string across the doorway of her office.
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL

Thank you all for replies, much appreciated.

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Re: Was this a bitch move? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats like that david sedaris anecdot where he is on the El in chicago with his sister, she gets up to get off, doors open and she turns round and says "dont worry david, we dont believe you touched thoae children", doors close and uncomfortable lonf ride in to city for him......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you do discuss the complaint with your supervisor, throw your co-worker under the bus a little by mentioning that she'd told you that there was a complaint.. might create some distrust of her on your supervisor's part if she did tell her about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please give us an update next week after you find out what you did.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply