Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Almost Black [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of the various ways a people might fix racism and discrimination, creating a labyrinth of intentional discrimination isn't one of them. Fix it by changing the culture such that racist ideas are roundly greeted with hostility. Then let the discrimination fix itself over time.

As a measure of how non-racist we've become, some folks have found a hobby for themselves in parsing sentences and outcomes looking for some way to spin it as racism. They've become kinda loony on the issue. Unfortunately, since some folks are convinced that racism is everywhere, those loonies get attention, which keeps the issue churned up year after year.

Who was that guy that called me a racist the other week? I offer him as an example.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Almost Black [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Let's take this to its logical extreme. We are essentially discriminating against whites today because whites did it in the past (and we're doing it asians simply because they are successful, which is fucking insane).

That belief is already out there & is the cornerstone for how some people view race relations.

I've had this same discussion with family members (caucasian) who feel this way & they get REALLY defensive & pissed off when I explain the other side of the argument. White guilt? Perhaps.

The next step in your logic is, "It's only racism when perpetrated by the majority, by the historically oppressive. Otherwise, it's called just getting your due."

I shit you not.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Almost Black [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Let's take this to its logical extreme. We are essentially discriminating against whites today because whites did it in the past (and we're doing it asians simply because they are successful, which is fucking insane).

That belief is already out there & is the cornerstone for how some people view race relations.

I've had this same discussion with family members (caucasian) who feel this way & they get REALLY defensive & pissed off when I explain the other side of the argument. White guilt? Perhaps.

The next step in your logic is, "It's only racism when perpetrated by the majority, by the historically oppressive. Otherwise, it's called just getting your due."

I shit you not.
I totally agree. When I point out examples, to my lefty friends, of blacks being egregiously racist and no one caring, they just say "oh that's not racism". Some of these lefty buddies subscribing to this are really smart and successful. I cannot understand this idea that only whitey can be racist. Unless...."white guilt". But, of course, everyone denies that vigorously.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply

Prev Next