Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

maximum hamburgers you can eat?
Quote | Reply
Was talking about this with a friend...

If you applied yourself, how many hamburgers (say McDonalds) can you eat in one sitting?

I think I could do 6.
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My brother and his friends did this when they were in high school. It was Burger King burgers not McDonald's but my brother won the contest amongst his friends - he ate 13, then took a 5 hour nap, then pretty much wrecked the bathroom for the next 2 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joey Chestnut ate 103 Krystal hamburgers in 8 minutes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He'll beat you.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:

If you applied yourself, how many hamburgers (say McDonalds) can you eat in one sitting?

I think I could do 6.

So, we have settled on McDonalds hamburgers, right? Just the regular hamburger? I think I could do 6. I would be sick after, but I'm pretty sure I can handle that w/o question.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done 4 big macs with fries and a sunday so 6, easily. Maybe I should actually test this after my oath ceremony in 2 weeks. Way to celebrate being an American.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure I could do ~4 quarter pounders. If it's the little ones or regular burger what ever they are called I'd guess ~10. I haven't had one of those in years but they're mostly bread ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:

I think I could do 6.

So, we have settled on McDonalds hamburgers, right? Just the regular hamburger? I think I could do 6. I would be sick after, but I'm pretty sure I can handle that w/o question.

I think you are underestimating yourself. I think a normal, previously healthy, male could easily get in the 10 - 12 range. The first 2 or 3 go down instantly. The last couple would get to be a grind.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:

I think I could do 6.

I think you are underestimating yourself. I think a normal, previously healthy, male could easily get in the 10 - 12 range. The first 2 or 3 go down instantly. The last couple would get to be a grind.

Yeah, I'm starting to re-think that. You may be correct. I'm trying to remember the last time I had a basic McDonalds hamburger. There isn't much to them.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't care about Joey Chestnut. I care about you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast food burgers? I'll top out at zero

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, let's say this McDonald's burger.

264 calories of bready goodness.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burger Barn in New Cuyama...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure I can hit double digits, 10-12. But rather than a "single sitting" need to slap a time, say 15 minutes?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Pretty sure I can hit double digits, 10-12. But rather than a "single sitting" need to slap a time, say 15 minutes?

This gif reminds me of stories I was told as a kid about my great grandfather and his brothers. They came to the US from Scandinavia to work as loggers. Before heading out to cut timber each morning, they would each order "two eggs" for breakfast at the company commissary, which apparently meant 2 dozen eggs. For each of them. Every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on the college swim team in 1973-76. When we would drive to away meets, on the way home, the coach would stop at McDonalds and give us each a $5 bill. One guy would buy only hamburgers--no Coke, no fries, no shake, no apple pie, just as many hamburgers as he could get with $5. I think the price of a hamburger was like 49 cents at the time, so I guess he probably got 7 or 8. He had no problem eating them all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Volume eating is disgusting. I don't know how people finish value meals without vomiting. I can't hear people list their big feasts without vomiting.
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in the day (20 years ago??) Taco Bell had a 20-pack soft/hard regular tacos. Used to put that down in a sitting pretty easy, now, likely not.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gross
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One. But if I applied myself? Three?

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Aug 4, 17 10:19
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
I was on the college swim team in 1973-76. When we would drive to away meets, on the way home, the coach would stop at McDonalds and give us each a $5 bill. One guy would buy only hamburgers--no Coke, no fries, no shake, no apple pie, just as many hamburgers as he could get with $5. I think the price of a hamburger was like 49 cents at the time, so I guess he probably got 7 or 8. He had no problem eating them all.

Group of guys I knew in college used to do "the $10 challenge". Goal was to consume $10 worth of food and drink in a designated period of time (usually a few hours) and not vomit, where you could only buy the cheapest 40oz malt liquor at the corner store and the cheapest taco at Taco Bell. You could do the ratio of eat vs. drink however you wanted, but had to finish whatever you purchased. St. Ides and Olde English were selling for around $1.59-$1.79 back then, and tacos were between $0.50-$0.79.

I usually bailed out around the $7 mark.
Last edited by: wimsey: Aug 4, 17 10:31
Quote Reply
Re: maximum hamburgers you can eat? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the new $10 challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice.

I'm all done with competitive eating and drinking. Ate 2 and a half pizzas (and a bottle of James Boag) on a bet in Western Australia when I was 23 years old and swore I'd never again overdo it for the sake of overdoing it.
Last edited by: wimsey: Aug 4, 17 12:03
Quote Reply