Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skynet Smiles: Researchers Kill AI That Developed its Own Language
Quote | Reply
According to PCGamer magazine, the..."AI was trained in English but apparently had grown fed up with the various nuances and inconsistencies. Rather than continue down that path, it developed a system of code words to make communication more efficient. What spooked the researchers is that the phrases used by the AI seemed like gibberish and were unintelligible to them, but made perfect sense to AI agents. This allowed the AI agents to communicate with one another without the researchers knowing what information was being shared."

Yeah, I mean; what could wrong with that, amirite or amirite? ;-)

"An artificial intelligence system being developed at Facebook has created its own language. It developed a system of code words to make communication more efficient. The researchers shut the system down as it prompted concerns we could lose control of AI. The observations made at Facebook are the latest in a long line of similar cases. In each instance, an AI being monitored by humans has diverged from its training in English to develop its own language. The resulting phrases appear to be nonsensical gibberish to humans but contain semantic meaning when interpreted by AI "agents.""

Researchers shut down AI that invented its own language

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Researchers Kill AI That Developed its Own Language [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first step to Skynet becoming self aware ... are we sure they pulled the plug in time?

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Researchers Kill AI That Developed its Own Language [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drn92 wrote:
The first step to Skynet becoming self aware ... are we sure they pulled the plug in time?

drn92

I doubt it. Nice knowing you, bubba. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Researchers Kill AI That Developed its Own Language [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only saving grace is that I am not on FB. Of course, maybe that means I am first to go...

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Researchers Kill AI That Developed its Own Language [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drn92 wrote:
My only saving grace is that I am not on FB. Of course, maybe that means I am first to go...

drn92

Hahahahahahaha! Nope. You're in a (very loosely affiliated) triathlon forum. By definition, that means you're fit. Only the weak will be killed and skinned by Skynet 'bots, to begin with.

We'll probably "only" be enslaved, so we've got some time, then. ;-)

Quote Reply