Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars
Quote | Reply
And here we thought they only banged goats: ;-)

"Most of the vehicles are standard SUV cars that you would find on driveways up and down the country only with the outer shell replaced with bulletproof iron sheets. As well as replacing the outer casing of the car, Islamic State fighters changed the passenger seats to compartments fit to be packed with explosives.

Once the clunky customisation was complete, the terror group would sit its martyrs in the driving seat and send them to the target with their protective casing meaning they could reach their destination even if they came under heavy fire.

Japanese cars Toyota Land Cruiser and Toyota Hilux appear to be popular with the terrorists as well as South Korea’s Kia and Hyundai vehicles."

Chilling Look At The Ordinary Cars ISIS Have Transformed Into 'Mad Max' Deadly Bombs

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can shut this shit down in a hurry since we know they're just recruiting from these guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those adaptations surely must affect their MPG numbers, wouldn't you think? I wonder if it voids any warranties.

Does Kia have a 10 year/ 100,000 mile/ 1 detonation warranty?
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Jul 26, 17 20:38
Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Those adaptations surely must affect their MPG numbers, wouldn't you think? I wonder if it voids any warranties.

To be fair, they probably get a hefty discount on the collision portion of their auto insurance, so it probably evens out in the end. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. ;-)

x2!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of impressive how they worked with re-purposed materials, limited resources and no formal education in vehicle design, yet still managed to come up with vehicles better-looking than the Pontiac Aztek.
Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Kind of impressive how they worked with re-purposed materials, limited resources and no formal education in vehicle design, yet still managed to come up with vehicles better-looking than the Pontiac Aztek.

That's very true. ;-)

I think it was the Aztek that doomed Pontiac as a division within General Motors. Some things just can't be forgiven or washed away, after all. LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried several times this morning but can't get that site to load. After waiting once for 70 seconds, I got some text but no pictures, then I quit. No other internet problems all morning.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm Just went to it. Took only seconds to load.
Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I've tried several times this morning but can't get that site to load. After waiting once for 70 seconds, I got some text but no pictures, then I quit. No other internet problems all morning.

Should be fine once NSA, FBI and CIA have got all their monitoring tools onto your computer...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not too different than what the US was doing in 2004.

You might recall the the HMMWV was not armored, so armor was added.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Part "Mad Max," Part "The Gauntlet": ISIS Cars [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to know we have such an influence on armored vehicle design in certain Middle East precincts. ;-)

Quote Reply