Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: This Trump post should trump all my other Trump posts.... [orchidrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was looking at solar, I was given three financing options to consider. 1. Outright purchase of panels to cover my electricity needs 2. Lease program over 20 years - I just pay a monthly lease payment, but I do not own the panels 3. Pre-pay for my electricity usage for the next 20 years. I went with option #3. I calculated what my monthly, yearly usage was based off retrospective data, then extrapolated out 20 years adding in a bit of buffer since I wanted to switch over to an electric dryer and electric water heater. I then wrote a check and had the panels installed. I do not own the system, but that is fine since my solar company is incentivized to keep it running smoothly and updated with the latest technology. They are making money off the excess electricity my system produces by selling it to the local utility. I'm in effect renting them my roof to produce electricity, some of which I use. They constantly monitor my production and have even emailed me to trim back a tree since it appeared my production dipped a bit when the tree threw a shadow on a couple of panels.

What was my out of pocket cost? $7000. I didn't get any rebates (those go to the solar company), but I'm covered for 20 years against any rise in rates (and I have never experienced a decrease in electricity rates).
Quote Reply
Re: This Trump post should trump all my other Trump posts.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
First read. Then shake head. Then roll eyes. Then let's discuss.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/...grid-as-11226625.php

Ok, I've already pointed out the the basis for the editorial is silly. Perry said he intends to study grid stability and did not indicate any intention to stop net metering. Utilities in 43 states allow net metering. In general, operation of electric utilities is regulated by the individual states.

What authority does Trump have to modify, for instance, California laws and regulations regarding net metering? Has Congress granted to any agency of the executive branch authority to write regulations that would regulate net metering? If not changing California, or any other state law, would require an act of Congress (and good luck with that).

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: This Trump post should trump all my other Trump posts.... [orchidrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I don't think we have any of the options you've mentioned here. I know of several farms that have taken their house and some of the out buildings off grid. However, because of some of the demands for grain storage & handling they can't completely cut the cord.
Quote Reply
Re: This Trump post should trump all my other Trump posts.... [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Yawn...

I second that...
Quote Reply

Prev Next