Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sessions and Tillerson [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I don't get the people who complain that so and so has an obsession with Trump. This is our nation's highest offices, politics is fascinating to a lot of people, and shit like this has not happened in most of our adult lifetimes. If you throw in some boobs and some dragons we could get this on HBO.

Yes, you do get it. It's the same play Trump himself uses: "Look! Over there!".

Rather than defend the indefensible, Trump supporters try to make the complainers into the issue. Never argue the facts.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
The Sessions thing is weird. Not sure why he isn't firing him. There has to be more to that story.

one speculation i've heard is that firing him would lop this onto the pile of deeds that accrue to obstruction of justice (were that charge to be sought). but i think haranguing him into leaving is a distinction without a difference - this still ends up on that pile.

to me, there is a nexus with matthew 25:40, which says as you will remember, "'truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"

it's vicarious acts i'm talking about. to me, that's what comes to mind. not just when you act indifferently to someone in need, you act indifferently to him or to anyone. also (to me) when somebody else acts badly and you act indifferently, that bad act accrues to you, as in edmund burke's "good men [who] do nothing."

i would never treat an employee the way sessions is treated, and i'm no sessions fan. this speaks not only to the kind of employer trump is, but the kind of man he is. there are no more anecdotes from ivanka about the nice way he treats employees that will any longer work. that currency is gone.

it is highly offensive to me as an employer, as a man, as an american, as a human, to see one person humiliate another, especially someone in one's employ, especially in public. this one ranks right up there as among the vilest things i've seen trump do.

but it's gotten to the point now where i'm also watching others who are in a position of power and who are doing nothing. if i'm sessions i just got a really good lesson in what matters to folks you thought were your friends, and that lesson is the gift that's going to keep on giving for awhile.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sessions thing is weird. Not sure why he isn't firing him. There has to be more to that story. //

Well from what I can tell from the talking heads is that he is waiting for the senate to go on vacation. Then he can put up his yes man and get Mueller fired, all without any oversight. If he does it now then the senate has to confirm whoever he puts up, and I think they have had just about enough now too, at least I hope so.

I would love it if he did this and they all flew back to block whoever he put up, is that allowed or even feasible?
Quote Reply
Re: Sessions and Tillerson [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Yeah, I don't get why Trump seemingly throws his own people under the bus. Sessions, Rosenstein, Mattis, Christie, Pompeo. I'm probably missing a few. And even to a lesser extent Bannon and Priebus. The only people off limits seem to be his immediate family.

During the campaign I used to wonder if there was some kind of genius strategy to Trump's attempts at public humiliation. Now I just think it's barroom flailing - reactively punching at anyone based purely on emotion, with no end-game in mind,

Wait. You're just realizing that there is no strategy? He has no master plan. He a complete loon. This has always been very obvious.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Sessions and Tillerson [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"this speaks not only to the kind of employer trump is, but the kind of man he is."

Dan, I know you know this, but he's been telling us and showing us, explicitly and unambiguously, for the last two years, exactly who and what he is. The only people who don't see this, and all of what came before, and will certainly follow, for what it is, will never, ever, under any circumstances, change their minds.

Perhaps this all comes as a surprise to our Attorney General, but for our nation's sake, I sincerely hope not.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Sessions and Tillerson [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
j p o wrote:
I don't get the people who complain that so and so has an obsession with Trump. This is our nation's highest offices, politics is fascinating to a lot of people, and shit like this has not happened in most of our adult lifetimes. If you throw in some boobs and some dragons we could get this on HBO.

Yes, you do get it. It's the same play Trump himself uses: "Look! Over there!".

Rather than defend the indefensible, Trump supporters try to make the complainers into the issue. Never argue the facts.

I do, but it just isn't how I operate. If I don't like you, you probably know it. If I have something to say, it gets said. I'm a little more straightforward and as someone once said on a review from a previous employer, brusque and abrupt. (They meant it as a criticism, I was perfectly ok with it)

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next