Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

British Open
Quote | Reply
Branden Grace shoots 62 lowest round in Open ever and Speith and Kuchar are only three shots apart. Should be a good day tomorrow. 20 year old Canadian Austin Connelly tied for third with US Open champ Koepka.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: British Open [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like Jordan's tournament to win or lose. He's playing really well. Koepka and Kuchar will need a really good round with Jordan off his game to win but with all the danger lurking, it's far from a done deal.

I always cheer for the Canadians (he is actually a dual citizen) but Connelly has to learn to smile. He looks miserable when he plays and with his talent, he should be enjoying himself. He is reportedly a very nice guy but he should show it a little more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually kind of nervous for Spieth. After what happened at the Masters, I'd hate to see him fall apart and blow another big lead on a major Sunday.

I honestly don't think it will happen. He's probably thought about that Masters loss a lot. (pink) I bet he gets it done.
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not, after his interview I think he's having a blast. This is a course suited to his game and he's playing well, his post-round interview he was as happy a I've heard him and I think he's just real comfortable with the way he's playing and the course he's on.

He's winning this, just a matter of how many shots imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a time limit on the amount of time a player can take before his next shot? This is ridiculous
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes and he was warned before the errant tee shot and 30 min delay trying to figure out what he was going to do.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Yes and he was warned before the errant tee shot and 30 min delay trying to figure out what he was going to do.

He's not penalized for time spent while he and the officials try to figure out what the rules say about where he should play.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Leddy wrote:

He's not penalized for time spent while he and the officials try to figure out what the rules say about where he should play.
Correct. He was warned prior to that and the warning would come back into play after he hit that shot.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Complaints about the slow play on one hole aside, the round was very entertaining. I love set ups where there is a high risk/reward and where a 2 stroke lead is not safe. Hitting into the wrong pot hole bunker lining the greens can mean a big swing.

It was very unusual for someone to have such a bad start and then turn it around completely. His t-shots were going right and his putting was off and to suddenly turn it around on the 14th hole and then go 5 under is incredible. I feel for Kutcher as it would have been nice to see him win one but Spieth just stepped on the gas and left him behind.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 24, 17 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: British Open [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After hitting the long ball so poorly all day, it took some incredible composure to escape #13 relatively unscathed, and then come home in -5 with birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie, and par (soft par, at that). I sure as hell couldn't execute an equivalent run-in (which for me would be closer to even).

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're an uncouth lout. It's The Open Championship.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply