Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Awesome solar eclipse explanation
Quote | Reply

Simplifying things for ignorant nerds like me
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome solar eclipse explanation [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was cool. It reminds me of the dumbest thought I ever had. A couple of years ago I got into researching the Sun and was reading a lot of books about it. One day on the bus I was reading about eclipses and wondered for a moment if the Sun ever eclipses the moon. I turned it over in my head for a moment than waves of shame and humiliation rolled over me. I hung my head knowing that thought was so stupid that it forced itself into the heads of everyone on the bus and they all knew how dumb I was.
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome solar eclipse explanation [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a dumb thought. You wondered about it and then figured it out. At least you are thinking.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Awesome solar eclipse explanation [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool knowledge prep for Armageddon. ODOT, Forest service, hospitals all planning for more than a million people unfamiliar with our state to arrive in a swarm in the days prior and overwhelm all available services, stores, roads and even garbage collection. We have cancelled surgeries, our hospitals are going beyond fully staffed. Eighteen wheelers are being banned from the highways that day. We've been told to stock up on groceries and necessities in the weeks prior.

Those who paid high price for hotels on the coast better hope for a rare, yes rare clear morning.

What can go wrong? I'll be working from home and watching away from the madness, hoping unfamiliar visitors don't burn down our forests. It is a huge concern by the forest service during what is typically the nicest and driest month of our summer. We just do not have the resources to take on such an onslaught. We can only hope that all, which is unlikely, visitors respect our home state.

It is awesome, I just hope it doesn't come at too high a price!
Last edited by: madonebug: Jul 21, 17 20:15
Quote Reply