Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because it's not what he/they want to hear; so, why not marginalize your ideas/suggestions by pointing out that, as non-Americans, you can't possibly have a good idea.*

FWIW - I do often "qualify" my comments or pre-empt with a a mention that I am Canadian - regulars on the Forum do know that about me. Sometimes I even say straight up, "Please help the dumb Canadian understand this" :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do realize that you have replaced your fellow Canadian as the chief nut on ST?

Well, it took a lot of hard work. I got up everyday determined to improve. The hours and hours of watching CNN and any and all liberal news programs and websites slowly paid off and made me what I am today. However, as Obama said, I didn't do this on my own. I am grateful to the other Canadians here for leading the way. There were enough Canadian nuts here in the Lavender room, that they made my job easy.

*blushing*

Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are all proud of you.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
All I know is that this is the world we live in and these are the hands we're given. Use them and let's start trying to make this a world where Phil Collins can't record music.

A-fucking-Men, brother!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canadians outraged over the U.S. stopping support for radical Muslim groups masquerading as rebels and Putin beating ISIS. Sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Strap in. This is me at my most rambling and incomprehensible.

This morning I read Trump has pulled support for anti Assad rebels in Syria. I applaud this but it made think about the thing I try not to think about. Trump can tell people what to do. Now for my sanity I think of Trump as a useful idiot. I can't comprehend how this idiot has any sway over anyone with power. How generals and leaders of intelligence agencies will do what he says. Is this true? Do you think people in power in our government have point where they will not obey a president because of the bullshit idea of tradition or does obeying unquestionably the only type of person who can move to the top if the military?

So Trump makes a decision that you agree with and it still triggers coup d'etat fantasies? I'm troubled because I know that you aren't alone.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair reading. As I am basically illiterate and nuts I understand the misunderstanding. Let me further explain.

I am not talking about coup d'etats. We have vice presidents, presidents of the Senate and the whole chain of command. So if the president says or does things that are just stupid I am thinking that the generals and intelligence leaders would go through proper channels and work from there. I am not saying the military is trying to take over even though it is completely possible it read like I was saying that.

As far as agreeing with Trump and it causing a bad thought I will always believe a broken clock is right twice a day. So much of the time Trump is just a idiotic clown that see inhuman 99% of the time. The news of him pulling support from the rebels slapped me back into reality that this man has real powers and can do very real things. Forgetting that at times is purely a defect of my head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's called the 25th Amendment
Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I am aware of that. I am just wondering about it being used. My mind can't comprehend taking any directive from Trump. It is beyond my abilities to listen to someone like Trump and do what he says. I have worked for guys like him and left a little too quickly. How crazy and useless does a president have to be before someone says, "Fuck this! No way!"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
Canadians outraged over the U.S. stopping support for radical Muslim groups masquerading as rebels and Putin beating ISIS. Sad.

Well, I'm an American, and although "outrage" is a little strong, there are lots of us wondering why and how this happened. Stick your head in the sand if you want, but you have to wonder if the 1 hour off the record discussion between Trump and Putin was a deal to get this started. Since Trump claims to be this great deal maker who always comes out ahead many of us are curious what America (Trump) got out of that negotiation. Since Trump isn't bragging about it on Twitter one of 2 things can be concluded: The discussion didn't involve this subject, or American didn't benefit, only Trump personally.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Americans not understanding what is going on in Syria and not understanding why Russia is supporting the Assad regime. Sad

Quote Reply
Re: Trump and the limits of presidents. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm sure Assad would never support terrorists. Just as Putin is completely harmless and only has the best interest of the United States and Russian people in mind.
Quote Reply

Prev Next