Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hope my kids aren't this stupid....
Quote | Reply
wanted to share..... I cannot begin to describe how hilarious I find this story, it has made my week so far. hah ha

https://www.thestar.com/...he-parked-again.html
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stupidity of the teenager is never to be underestimated. I've had a few moments when I just stare at one of my teens in stunned bewilderment - not finding the words to express my astonishment at their lack of common sense in specific moments. Then, in an instant, they revert back to being normal, intelligent , rational beings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not contact the cab company and get their records of where the kid was picked up? That would narrow the search considerably.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Semi-related, I was at a wedding a few years ago and one of the wedding party parked his car near the restaurant where the rehearsal dinner was. After dinner, we went to a few bars then went home. He left his car where he'd parked it and we walked/got cabs.

Next morning he woke up pretty hung over and went to get his car... gone. He went to the police dept figuring it might have been towed, but they had no record. So he reported it stolen. On his walk back from the PD to the house we'd rented for the weekend, he found his car, parked a couple of blocks away from where he thought he'd parked it. He'd just forgotten where he'd parked it.

Best part was he got pulled over driving it back to the house, because it had been reported stolen. By him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talking purely about intelligence I can't judge this kid. I am dumber than most. What I don't get is how cavalier he is with the car. When I was a teen we freaked out about our cars. No matter what kind of almost undrivable piece of shit we drove we took care of them and worried about them. I missed shows by bands I loved because of bad parking. My car was my rusted out terrible transmission oil burning baby and I would never ever lose her. I guess it's a generation thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 You do not get the full attention of all of the Internet if you do things like that, using calm, rational logic. It is not about finding the car, it is about getting attention while you find the car.

Trieatalot wrote:
Why not contact the cab company and get their records of where the kid was picked up? That would narrow the search considerably.
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo!
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
You do not get the full attention of all of the Internet if you do things like that, using calm, rational logic. It is not about finding the car, it is about getting attention while you find the car.

Trieatalot wrote:

That and the kid would have to remember the cab company. "Well it was a van and had a thing on top that said taxi....."
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In about 1992 a buddy and I were in Munich for the Oktoberfest. We both managed to pick up girls in one of the beer tents, so we planned to spend the night with them in the back of my car, a Saab SPG. It would be a tight fit for 4 of us but as long as no one was encumbered by clothing, it could be done.

In order that they might have some extra time to, ah, get to know each other, I let my buddy and his date head for the car about 45min ahead of me and my date. Once that time had elapsed, my date and I headed for the car. Except that I couldn't find it.

I don't know wtf my malfunction was, but I'd lost some critical part of the route back to the car. Couldn't have been more than a 1/2 mile away. In order for this to be properly comical, you have to imagine my increasing desperation as I struggled to keep my date amused and not appear like a complete dumbass, while we walked the rainy streets of Munich all damned night. I could not figure out how I so badly screwed up the location of the damned car.

We walked and walked from prob 11PM to 4 or 5AM before I finally found the goddamned car. We were thoroughly exhausted. Needless to say, that date was not consummated.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Trieatalot wrote:

That and the kid would have to remember the cab company. "Well it was a van and had a thing on top that said taxi....."

You forgot...."it was yellow"

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At some point I figured out that my Iphone tags my car's location. Very handy feature. I wonder if he has the location at his finger tips and just doesn't realize it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hope my kids aren't this stupid.... [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
In about 1992 a buddy and I were in Munich for the Oktoberfest. We both managed to pick up girls in one of the beer tents, so we planned to spend the night with them in the back of my car, a Saab SPG. It would be a tight fit for 4 of us but as long as no one was encumbered by clothing, it could be done.

In order that they might have some extra time to, ah, get to know each other, I let my buddy and his date head for the car about 45min ahead of me and my date. Once that time had elapsed, my date and I headed for the car. Except that I couldn't find it.

I don't know wtf my malfunction was, but I'd lost some critical part of the route back to the car. Couldn't have been more than a 1/2 mile away. In order for this to be properly comical, you have to imagine my increasing desperation as I struggled to keep my date amused and not appear like a complete dumbass, while we walked the rainy streets of Munich all damned night. I could not figure out how I so badly screwed up the location of the damned car.

We walked and walked from prob 11PM to 4 or 5AM before I finally found the goddamned car. We were thoroughly exhausted. Needless to say, that date was not consummated.

Did your buddy at least buy you a beer as a token of appreciation for their extra privacy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's not alone.

http://ktla.com/...garage-for-6-months/

And almost me today. In D.C. for business. Parked in underground garage. Came out different door of the hotel. Got turned around. Walked wrong direction. Fuck, this ain't right. However I did make note of nearest intersection when I parked in the morning. But man, if you didn't, good luck.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply