Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier
Quote | Reply
Even the Smallest Acts of Generosity Make You Happier, New Study Reveals: It doesn’t matter how big or small your acts of generosity are, they result in a warm glow in parts of your brain..

"In a recent study by researchers at the University of Zurich, “A Neural Link Between Generosity and Happiness,” scientists conducted an experiment using “functional magnetic resonance imaging” (fMRI) to understand how small acts of generosity relate to happiness and illuminate certain areas of the brain. The scientists saw a relationship between generosity and happiness, noticing a “warm glow” in the brain as a result of completing acts of kindness."

Doing good feels good, basically. So go do good. :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YEP!
Quote Reply
Re: Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes me happy to read you two agreeing on something. I make three! It's a Kum-By-Yah moment in the LR ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am working on not being an asshole. It's hard. BK is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:

I'd be careful not to over-interpret the findings here. The study didn't find anything wrong with being an asshole.
Quote Reply
Re: Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think about it assholes work very well. Much better than a colostomy.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Jul 20, 17 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: Words to Live By: Give to Receive, Because it Makes You Happier [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Tibbsy wrote:

I'd be careful not to over-interpret the findings here. The study didn't find anything wrong with being an asshole.

I think Denis Leary would agree with you, sir. ;-)

Denis Leary - Asshole (Uncensored Version) - YouTube

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply