Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
the guys in the crowd are sitting around in board shorts, a singlet (I think you call them tanks there) and a baseball cap or sombrero with beer in hand.

I thought that was just known as 'business casual' in Australia? ;-). Maybe replacing board shorts with jean shorts, or 'jorts'.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
Edit: Prob why they also don't have built in mesh jocks, cause you'd wear underwear underneath if not swimming.

They don't have a mesh liner because they were originally for surfers (hence the name), and they were designed for fast drying, which doesn't happen as well if you've got a liner. They're really not originally designed for casual wear, and they're not designed to wear with underwear.

Seems obvious when you put it like that! Consider me educated.

Not sure about the difference between shorts designed vs not designed to be worn with underwear though.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
the guys in the crowd are sitting around in board shorts, a singlet (I think you call them tanks there) and a baseball cap or sombrero with beer in hand.

I thought that was just known as 'business casual' in Australia? ;-). Maybe replacing board shorts with jean shorts, or 'jorts'.

Yes the attire I described is normally reserved for the corporate boxes.

Jean shorts is normally found at Mardi Gras by men with Tom Selleck like moustaches.
Quote Reply

Prev Next