New car. Curbed it. Tyre question
Quote | Reply
I knicked the rim and side wall

I can not see any of the structure under the knick

The tyre is not deformed

No bulge

No loss of pressre

I have tyre pressure monitoring

So all driving for foreseeable future is local. Safe to drive on?

I think its cosmetic. Thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: New car. Curbed it. Tyre question [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is no bulge and no major damage to the sidewall (i.e. you scrapped up the rubber bad) then safe to drive on. Purely cosmetic. If you feel vibrations that get worse the faster you go take it into a tire shop to have it checked out (in this case it may only require a re-balance or worst case it could be bent...but I doubt it unless you hit at a really high speed).

It happens. Move on and don't worry about it too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yup, no deformity then the tire is fine. Even if it starts to go it will likely go very slowly so just keep an eye out for any developing bulges over the next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto what the others said. If possible, stay off the highway for a day or two so you can make sure no bulge develops. Likely just cosmetic, from what you describe, but you don't want a blowout at high speed if there is more.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curb the other side so it's even

It sounds fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's a tyre?
Quote Reply
Re: New car. Curbed it. Tyre question [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
What's a tyre?

This is 'Murica, damn it, so write in English and not in whatever language that "tyre" comes from!

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: New car. Curbed it. Tyre question [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
What's a tyre?

This guy? Just can't figure out where you put the rim and how you put him on a car.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: New car. Curbed it. Tyre question [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rubber slight tear..........but the rubber doesnt keep 36 psi in on its own and i can not see structure

Will keep eye on it. No fast driving
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'd keep an eye on that then just in case. At the worst bring it into a tire shop and see what they say. But so far it sound likes it probably is ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

Will keep eye on it. No fast driving

Maybe learn how to drive while you're at it ;-).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: New car. Curbed it. Tyre question [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was pulling in to the drive at our house (which i had also not done in ths car before) (moved in yesterday) and there were two man holes at the top raised from the surface because the guy next door is having hia driveway resurfaced

I am going to ask him if the drains are on his property or the towns. If his i will leave it. If the towns and they left it like that i am going to see if i can get a replacement tire from the city
Quote Reply