Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should it Be Legal to Carry a Sword in Public? (Texas Legalizes)
Quote | Reply
Later this year in Texas (of course), it will become legal to carry a sword in public. I think Congress should jump right on this and create a national reciprocity law. No doubt, swords are also covered under the Second Amendment so why not?

I'd be ready, too. In fact, I've got this baby honed and ready to go. ;-)

Texas repeals ban on ‘illegal knives,' allows carrying of swords

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Should it Be Legal to Carry a Sword in Public? (Texas Legalizes) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Should it Be Legal to Carry a Sword in Public? (Texas Legalizes) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will not rest until I have the right to conceal carry my broad sword.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True story: about ten years ago I was driving down a fairly busy street in Orlando: Conroy Road which is two lanes 45mph both ways. Upon crossing a very busy intersection (Kirkman) I notice traffic slowing down ahead of me and shifting into the right lane almost as if a car in the left lane was broken down. Nope. In the left lane was an enormous man.... we're talking 6'6" 250lbs+ of shear muscle.... riding a tiny bike with a legit broad sword leaning on his right shoulder. Nobody honked, everybody gave him plenty of space and passed politely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Should it Be Legal to Carry a Sword in Public? (Texas Legalizes) [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

Comical. Yeah it's real polite in the projects.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Should it Be Legal to Carry a Sword in Public? (Texas Legalizes) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
True story: about ten years ago I was driving down a fairly busy street in Orlando: Conroy Road which is two lanes 45mph both ways. Upon crossing a very busy intersection (Kirkman) I notice traffic slowing down ahead of me and shifting into the right lane almost as if a car in the left lane was broken down. Nope. In the left lane was an enormous man.... we're talking 6'6" 250lbs+ of shear muscle.... riding a tiny bike with a legit broad sword leaning on his right shoulder. Nobody honked, everybody gave him plenty of space and passed politely.

I want this sword. But then I'd have to work really, really hard to get that kind of body -- with lots of HGH and juice and other substances involved. And I ain't that ambitious these days. Oh, well... ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I grew up with guns, hunting, shooting etc and still own guns and am a member of the NRA. Having said all of that, I don't want anyone carrying anything out in the open when I am around. I don't care if you have a conceal carry permit and I don't know its there, but I don't want to sit at Denny's and see Billy Bob with his 9mm pistol sitting on his hip or on the table. Just makes me uncomfortable and don't want to know its there.

similarly, I don't want to see a bunch of guys going around carrying Ninja swords as they walk through the mall. What in the hell reason would require you to carry a sword around with you unless you are immature adult that thinks he is Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee and still does karate in the garage with his pals. I guess he could carry his Ninja throwing stars out in the open too so he can fight off Shogun warriors from far east invading the twin pines mall.

As I said, I think you should have the right to own guns, weapons etc and I dont' even care if the state allows you to get a CHL and carry them where people can't see them. But I don't want to walk around a city street where everyone has s weapon brandished and ready to draw down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you need to figure out the riddle of steel and be prepared to face Crom if you want to wield that sword.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Texas want ninjas? Because that's how you get ninjas

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There can be only one...

Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:
There can be only one...

Great reference! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how do people transport them now, into and out of shows or stores where they can buy them??
Quote Reply
Re: Should it Be Legal to Carry a Sword in Public? (Texas Legalizes) [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
As I said, I think you should have the right to own guns, weapons etc and I dont' even care if the state allows you to get a CHL and carry them where people can't see them. But I don't want to walk around a city street where everyone has s weapon brandished and ready to draw down.

I, too, have been around firearms my whole life, especially from when I was in the military for a couple decades, and I honestly don't have a problem with open carry (and boy, go through our local Walmart and you'll think you've been transported back to Dodge City ;-).

I don't do it, however, and that's mostly because I think it's tactically foolish to basically place a neon sign over your head telling the bad guys that you're the one with the firepower and to please sneak up behind you and shoot you first or knock you out and take your weapon from you. It takes away the element of surprise, and if everyone open-carried it would seem to me that the ones wanting to do harm will either mark the open carriers first or will just simply walk in and begin "praying and spraying" in order to get the drop on the armed folks.

Eh, what do I know, though? There are probably several good arguments for why open carry should be mandatory.

Quote Reply