Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Only the best and brightest....
Quote | Reply
Poor guy, really just needs to keep quiet.

Rick Perry:
"Here’s a little economics lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand will follow," Perry said, according to a reporter on the scene.

Of course the twitter response about him making a D in Econ with link to his college transcripts was pure gold.

http://time.com/...supply-demand-quote/
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the third one he was looking for is the agency he now is head of :0) LOL

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poor Onion writers are just sitting around holding their dicks wondering how they can out-spoof the real headlines anymore...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's that awful, just awkwardly worded.

If "put the supply out there" is intended to mean "increase supply."

And "demand will follow" is intended to mean "demand will increase."

Then it make some sense. Because on the demand-side, an increased supply means a lower price. Of course this assumes a flat supply curve, e.g. assuming that suppliers will want to meet the increased supply even if it's at a lower price. But if Perry is talking about reducing regulations, that might shift the supply curve such that energy producers would produce more even at the same consumer price. Because their production costs would presumably drop.

Perry is damned genius.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 6, 17 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think hes saying the more dick pics you put out into the world, the more people will demand them.

He went to the same econ class as weiner.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
Of course the twitter response about him making a D in Econ with link to his college transcripts was pure gold.

So much for the need to do well in school to succeed. Based on that transcript I'd say he's one of those people who had no business going to college, which I thought was a much more recent phenomenon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i used to live in texas, and i liked living in texas. really nice folks there. i think midwest folks are the nicest. and I'm a conservative. rick perry is a bloody idiot. couldn't stand to listen to him talk, he is a snake in the grass politician. 99.9% of them are snakes in the grass, he's a really slimy snake. dude is an embarrassment.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
ubdawg wrote:

So much for the need to do well in school to succeed. Based on that transcript I'd say he's one of those people who had no business going to college, which I thought was a much more recent phenomenon.

Did Obama ever share his transcripts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What? It's not like the guy forgot about the agency he is now running (that he might have wanted to eliminate). Oh wait...
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

Nope - but Barack graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law - so feel free to compare him to Rick Perry

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-real-obama/article/15419

Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Nope - but Barack graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law - so feel free to compare him to Rick Perry

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-real-obama/article/15419

I'm sure Perry could have got into an advanced degree program at an Ivy League school with those kinds of grades :)

I wonder where his first job out of college was? Who would hire someone with that kind of transcript? It says one of two things, he's either dumb or lazy, or worse case scenario, both.

Although I suppose if it was a job like sales, neither of those things would probably matter all that much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Perry looked like Obama he might well have gotten into an Ivy League college.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since your Google seems to be broken (or maybe you are too dumb or lazy to use it), I will tell you what his first job out of college was--U.S. Air Force officer, C-130 pilot.
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
Since your Google seems to be broken (or maybe you are too dumb or lazy to use it), I will tell you what his first job out of college was--U.S. Air Force officer, C-130 pilot.

Remarkable, either he really didn't apply himself in college or qualifying to be trained to fly a plane (and actually doing it) isn't so hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that Say's Law?
Quote Reply
Re: Only the best and brightest.... [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
Isn't that Say's Law?

You should try google. And to answer your question, no, not really.

The Say's law of markets is an economic rule that says that production is the source of demand. According to Say's Law, when an individual produces a product or service, he or she gets paid for that work, and is then able to use that pay to demand other goods and services.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Jul 8, 17 16:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or, maybe he did apply himself, and didn't get good grades for some other reason.

For example, maybe he had to take time off to help with the planting and harvesting on the family cotton farm, and got docked by his professors for missing class. Or, maybe the time demands of being in the Air Force ROTC, Corps of Cadets, and other extra-curricular activities left him less than ample time to study. Or, maybe he had to work part-time to help pay for tuition, room and board, and books. See, there are other reasons for not getting great grades in college than being dumb or lazy, although those are the conclusions you jumped to.

And no, it doesn't take a genius to fly an airplane, but dumb and lazy won't get you through any military flight program I've been around.
Quote Reply