Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers?
Quote | Reply

I realize degree and extent of usage primarily affects value of used campers but given all things equal are there any sites that provide estimates of value based on brand, age and estimate of condition -- poor, fair, good, etc?

thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers? [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

NADA Guide is the place to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers? [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:

I realize degree and extent of usage primarily affects value of used campers but given all things equal are there any sites that provide estimates of value based on brand, age and estimate of condition -- poor, fair, good, etc?

thanks,

I've been starting to look at used campers, but it seems like many are in poor condition, or the owner is asking for almost full price compared to buying a new previous year model. In which case why buy used? let us know if you are successful in finding a good used camper.
Quote Reply
Re: Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Harry wrote:

thanks,

I've been starting to look at used campers, but it seems like many are in poor condition, or the owner is asking for almost full price compared to buying a new previous year model. In which case why buy used? let us know if you are successful in finding a good used camper.

The other problem I had was that there appears to be 193 different manufacturers with 87 different models each. So finding one from a private seller is a PITA. I stumbled across a good stop gap 5 years ago, but it is old and decrepit so never meant to be long term.

I know there has to be a lot of people who sank money into travel trailers and don't use them, just finding the right one is tough.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't ever recall seeing anything like this, just too many variables and really not enough sales to make it a business for anyone. You will see 100 RV's and trailers for sale and then maybe 1 camper.

What I would suggest is to look at new retail, then try and find some comparable for sale on the usual sites. But really it is just go and look and see what the shape is, no engine to wear out or wheels to turn so it should be cut and dry as to condition. And always make a low ball offer, they are hard to sell and many owners get desperate after awhile..
Quote Reply
Re: Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty, what exactly are you considering a "camper". From your post it is not an RV, not a trailer, has no engine, and has no wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers? [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A camper goes in the bed of a pickup truck. A trailer is towed by said truck, and an RV is driven with its own drivetrain
Quote Reply
Re: Kelly Blue Book/ Edmunds.com equivalent for used campers? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think camper covers both bed and trailer versions. RV is motorized.

You will not find a reliable used pricing guide for campers. Like Monty said, familiarize with new cost, figure what your budget is, then just spend some time educating yourself on Craigslist. Browse nationwide to just get a feel what ranges people are offering. You can find some great deals if you are patient.

People trying to get top dollar for their campers are smoking crack and haven't come to terms with the fact that their cool camper they bought new, isn't worth shit now and they are going to take a hit selling it. Similar to boats.

Quote Reply