Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
So Gov. Christie and the State reps can't agree on a particular item in the budget, so NJ has no budget, so
Christie shuts down the government. He's spending the holiday at the Governor's house on Island Beach *State* Park, which is closed (on the Fourth of July holiday...) to everyone but him.

Quote:

After leaving the beach, Mr. Christie held a news conference in Trenton, where he was asked whether he had gotten some sun that day.
“I didn’t,” he said, according to The Star-Ledger. “I didn’t get any sun today.”

Quote:

But his spokesman, Brian Murray, recalibrated after being told of the existence of the photos, saying, “The governor was on the beach briefly.”
“He did not get any sun,” Mr. Murray added, according to The Star-Ledger. “He had a baseball hat on.”

That would have had to be one hell of a hat.

At the end of the day to call it lying is semantics. For me the bigger issue is how bad this looks and yet he still did it. He obviously knew that these would be terrible optics but sat his fat ass down on his deserted beach anyway. Who knows, maybe it's a brilliant move by him to get himself into the news again...

Frankly, from my perspective all politicians are disgusting scum who only have their self interest in mind, certainly not that of those who voted for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the end of the day to call it lying is semantics.

It's not semantics at all, it's a bold lie. When someone says they didn't get any sun, it doesn't mean only on their head, it means being outside in the sun.

For me the bigger issue is how bad this looks and yet he still did it.

I watched the news conference and I really believe he is trying to impress Trump. He went on the attack against the media which is The Donald's playbook and knows this will get a lot of attention. When Christie's term is up he knows he won't win again so is hoping for a position in the Trump administration. I think it was planned to get attention from Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
So Gov. Christie and the State reps can't agree on a particular item in the budget, so NJ has no budget, so
Christie shuts down the government. He's spending the holiday at the Governor's house on Island Beach *State* Park, which is closed (on the Fourth of July holiday...) to everyone but him.

Quote:

After leaving the beach, Mr. Christie held a news conference in Trenton, where he was asked whether he had gotten some sun that day.
“I didn’t,” he said, according to The Star-Ledger. “I didn’t get any sun today.”

Quote:

But his spokesman, Brian Murray, recalibrated after being told of the existence of the photos, saying, “The governor was on the beach briefly.”
“He did not get any sun,” Mr. Murray added, according to The Star-Ledger. “He had a baseball hat on.”

That would have had to be one hell of a hat.

Just curious did you delete the graphic content or do you make a habit of fat shaming people?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I think it was planned to get attention from Trump.

Wrong way to do it. Trump doesn't like minions who upstage him and steal camera time.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

Just curious did you delete the graphic content or do you make a habit of fat shaming people?

Playing at being Social Justice Warrior? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Poor little snowflake.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
After leaving the beach...

Did he *leave* the beach, or did Greenpeace show up and drag him out to deeper water?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work from home. So often I get a 2-3mi walk in at lunch time. I don[t know that I would say I got sun wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and hat if I was outside for 45 mins. Its not like I laid out in the sun with sunscreen for an hour. Perhaps he was thinking the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Just tearing a page out of someone else's playbook...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
key lesson from the clintons:

it's not the screwup. it's the lie.

if christie had answered, "yeah, i spent a bit of time outside with my family this morning," there'd be no story.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's not semantics at all, it's a bold lie. When someone says they didn't get any sun, it doesn't mean only on their head, it means being outside in the sun.

Sort of like being caught in bed with another woman and claiming you didn't get any pussy because you wore a rubber.

Quote:
I think it was planned to get attention from Trump.

Or maybe he's just a self-righteous asshole. I could believe either. Or both.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad I left NJ. What a sack of shit. Slob.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
I work from home. So often I get a 2-3mi walk in at lunch time. I don[t know that I would say I got sun wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and hat if I was outside for 45 mins. Its not like I laid out in the sun with sunscreen for an hour. Perhaps he was thinking the same thing.

Boy, the mental gymnastics you have to pull to do that. He went to the damned beach to hang out with his friends and family, on a holiday afternoon in the summer.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I work from home. So often I get a 2-3mi walk in at lunch time. I don[t know that I would say I got sun wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and hat if I was outside for 45 mins. Its not like I laid out in the sun with sunscreen for an hour.

So you don't get sun by walking outside in the sun for 45 minutes, in shorts and a t-shirt? Would you say you did get sun if you sat down instead of walked around? Or if you wore sandals instead of running shoes? Or if you went for 56 minutes instead of 45?

You are probably making this a lot harder than it needs to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
patf wrote:

Boy, the mental gymnastics you have to pull to do that. He went to the damned beach to hang out with his friends and family, on a holiday afternoon in the summer.

I was hoping he did some stretching before he twisted himself into that knot.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Christie seems to like his beach chair.

Quote Reply
Re: Why do politicians lie about this stuff? Warning: graphic content [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
klehner wrote:

After leaving the beach...

Did he *leave* the beach, or did Greenpeace show up and drag him out to deeper water?

Finally a pertinent post.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next