Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pacquiao v Horn [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just listening to the news this morning they said 5 anonymous boxing judges from around the world watched the fight without sound and scored the fight 7 rounds to 5 to horn
Quote Reply
Re: Pacquiao v Horn [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
Just listening to the news this morning they said 5 anonymous boxing judges from around the world watched the fight without sound and scored the fight 7 rounds to 5 to horn

Pardon me for being skeptical of the results from the entity that could only be hurt by continuing the controversy...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/...e901c0b97c0e5044967e

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps- I have no dog in this fight. They will have a rematch in November and I think PAC won't take him so lightly this time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why boxing is a joke. This fight was set up for a rematch. If Aussie dude puts on a good show the refs give him the match and Manny and the whole world demand a rematch.

So stupid.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Pacquiao v Horn [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
This is why boxing is a joke. This fight was set up for a rematch. If Aussie dude puts on a good show the refs give him the match and Manny and the whole world demand a rematch.

So stupid.

I agree. Boxing is hurting and trying to figure out a way to stay relevant, especially with the surge of MMA.

I may be completely wrong, but I think this fight was a complete and utter disaster for boxing. They put this fight on "free" tv - ESPN - then hyped the hell out of the fact that it was on "free" tv. The entire intent was to draw in the casual fan, who was not plunking down $59-99 for PPV. Well, it worked; at first. It turned out to be a hugely entertaining fight. I loved it. But, the decision was absolutely ridiculous and indefensible. It seemed as rigged as the WWE. My immediate response was - if you put a rematch on "free" tv, I may tune in. But, if you think I am paying a dime to watch this -- or any other fight -- on PPV, you are nuts! There is no possible way I would buy a boxing match after seeing this. None.

I understand what they were trying to do -- including setting up a rematch on PPV -- but I think this drove another nail in the coffin of boxing.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The truly stupid part is that they didn't need to give the Aussie the fight to get a rematch. (I didn't watch it) If it truly was an entertaining fight then people will want to see it again.

See: Ward v. Gatti.

Quote Reply
Re: Pacquiao v Horn [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well....what if they go around again and Horn puts the pacman down?

Boxing isnt really known for fairness sometimes, i just dont think the fight was as one sided as some make it out to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:

Boxing isnt really known for fairness sometimes, i just dont think the fight was as one sided as some make it out to be.

That would be a disaster. They want the next fight to go to Pacman.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:

I haven't seen anyone claim it was one sided. I repeatedly said it was close. Nearly everyone I watched/heard, said it was close. I had Pac by 3. Most had Pac by 2 - 4.

Horn winning is questionable. One judge scoring it 117-111 for Horn makes it a complete farce. I don't care how much one believed Horn won, there is no possible way to justify that score. Laughable.

Last edited by: JSA: Jul 11, 17 8:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next