Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote gregtryin
No, that bullet had already gone through the book and the husband's body before the muzzle of the pistol ever started to rise. SInce you are into YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSmC8A1pNsU

Greg[/quote]
So that is how they mix peanut butter and jelly!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Wooooooowwwww...

This is Idiocracy meets Darwinism. Thankfully Darwin can still cull the herd a bit but the Idiocracy path is still a strong trend.

Those poor kids have no chance. Especially without a father and a mother who'll be in jail spending her time trying to figure out why the dang book didn't stop the dadgum bullet. Imagine the trauma for the 3-year-old, seeing her fucking father murdered by her mother then her mother going to jail for manslaughter??? That kid has NO fucking chance.

We need more and better parents in this country.

Don't write the kid off so soon. A friend of mine was 5 when her mother, sick of being in an abusive relationship, took her and her 3 kids in to a car, doused it with gasoline and lit a match. My friend was the only one to get out and live, and watched helplessly as her mother and younger siblings burned alive.

A family, who had already adopted ten kids, took her in. I don't know how to describe those parents aside from angelic. They are amazing people, and all of their adopted kids, from very troubled backgrounds, have turned out wonderfully. Doctors, lawyers, great parents themselves. I don't really believe in miracles but that whole situation really makes me wonder.

It's a long shot, but, there's a shot out there for that kid.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
The round into the syrup was awesome. The shock wave ripples the bottle just before impact.

This video has been out for a while, but the gun is way cooler and the slow motion just adds....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSnyQV5pBKM

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 books. Thats where they fucked up. Spoke to my wife she is totally down with it so long as we use 3
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
3 books. Thats where they fucked up. Spoke to my wife she is totally down with it so long as we use 3

You must have not given her the quote "Powerful enough to punch a hole through an engine block"?
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen the gun before. Never seen it in slow motion. That video is pretty cool. But, that gun is ridiculous.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if that book would've stopped that round from penetrating that dude was going to get hurt. The trauma from that impact at that close range was going to do some damage. It may have been as minor as some serious bruising to broken ribs to stopping his heart to scrambling some of his innards. He wasn't coming out of that the same he went in regardless.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's Darwin Award potential.
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ineligible, procreated prior to death...
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, I forgot about that crucial stipulation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
knewbike wrote:
I wonder if she ever shot it before. Probably missed the book and shot him in the face with that kind of kickback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMADPkivxM

No, that bullet had already gone through the book and the husband's body before the muzzle of the pistol ever started to rise. SInce you are into YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSmC8A1pNsU

Greg

Amazing to watch how the handgun itself deforms during the shot (at 1:14)....never seen that before.
Last edited by: windschatten: Jun 29, 17 21:55
Quote Reply
Re: I do not know much about guns but i know bullet proof vests are made out of books [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
gregtryin wrote:
knewbike wrote:
I wonder if she ever shot it before. Probably missed the book and shot him in the face with that kind of kickback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMADPkivxM

Greg

Amazing to watch how the handgun itself deforms during the shot (at 1:14)....never seen that before.

I don't think it actually deforms. I think it's an optical illusion of sorts, because the hot air from the explosion creates a lense effect. I could be wrong though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next