Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Kinda like CNN huh?

CNN, MSNBC, FOX, they are all trash. Thats why I get my news from the LR.
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As others have alluded Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Levine on the right and Olberman, Maddow, & Mathews on the left are not journalists, they're talking heads that spew a bit of fact thrown in with a lot of hyperbole. The unfortunate part of this is that millions of folks on both sides believe the crap that comes out of their mouths because it lines up with their overall value structure regardless of how far up the nonsense scale it may be.

I'm right leaning and can't stand listening to the right wing people anymore than I can the loons on the left as they're all in different wards of the same insane asylum.
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...Yeah, me too!
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [ECE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm right leaning and can't stand listening to the right wing people anymore
I agree. Hannity, Rush, and Savage are absolutely a no go. Levin, well I do a great Levin crazy anti-Pelosi rant immitation, so sometimes I like to brush up on it. Otherwise Levin I can only take in real small doses. Ann Coulter I like to listen to -- even though I don't always agree with her -- because she is almost always a guest, and as such, she doesn't dominate the whole conversation. She gives a few witty remarks, a few outrageous remarks, and she's out.
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never hear anyone say, "Yeah, I listen to Hannity all of the time. He's great!"

This even though I spend a lot of time with my FIL and his friends at their donut shop. They absolutely HATE Obama and Clinton.

Obviously he's still on the air. Who does listen to him?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

It's intended to be a serious show, right, not satire.

Or am I missing something>

Turn off your TV. Stop watching the news. Seriously.

They are all r-worded. The left. The right. All of them.

Exactly. Each "news" channel panders to either the Republicans or the Democrats.
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

He's like McDonald's where no one admits to going there but their sales figures tell a different story. The same as Trump. Very few will admit they voted for him but 63 million did so they just don't want to admit it publicly.

If he's on the air, lots of people are listening but would you admit it?

I didn't think so...

Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McDonalds is awesome. Who won't admit that? Name names!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [ECE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ECE wrote:
I'm right leaning and can't stand listening to the right wing people anymore than I can the loons on the left as they're all in different wards of the same insane asylum.

Yeah, I'm left-leaning, but have same thoughts.

I also put my money where my mouth is by paying for news. I think a huge part of the issue is that news that is purely click-driven from online ads has a strong financial incentive to be inflammatory.
Quote Reply
Re: Sean Hannity: Help me understand [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

He's like McDonald's where no one admits to going there but their sales figures tell a different story. The same as Trump. Very few will admit they voted for him but 63 million did so they just don't want to admit it publicly.

If he's on the air, lots of people are listening but would you admit it?

I didn't think so...

Maybe his audience is relatively small, but they all happen to be ravenous consumers of whatever products and services he's peddling at the time.

"Hannity says that I should protect myself, and being protected means carrying a 32-ounce canister of Joe Bob's Bear and Chupacabra Repellant. I'll buy one for each room in my house, and a four-pack for everyone in my neighborhood! Like Sean says, you can never be too safe!"

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply

Prev Next