Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike aerodynamics.....and before you say take that shit to the other forum....
Quote | Reply
So i rode 660 miles yesterday on my bike

A number of lessons - not least of which is that any sleep the night before is a good idea becauae the last time i did it on the same road in my wrx i fell asleep at the wheel and last recollection of speed was 130mph i woke up when i bounced off the acro barrier. Scariest thing that has ever happened and it could have been catastrophic........

Anyway......

My bike seat is super uncomfortable. So much so that eventually i was stopping between refuels just to five my arse a break

The screen on a f800gs is shit. How much real difference does a taller fairing make on a 1200gs or 1290 ktm?

Any ideas on screens and seating?

Anyone done big days on their motorbikes. Do you feel completely bolloxed afterwards?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike aerodynamics.....and before you say take that shit to the other forum.... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since when did you start quoting miles? Aren't you a kilometer type guy?

Most I've ridden is 400 miles. I wished to god I had even a baby fairing. 130 mph holy shit you are insane. Open road? Where?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike aerodynamics.....and before you say take that shit to the other forum.... [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 130 was in a car from calais in france on the A1 at 2am in the morning when i destroyed the side of the car in the barrier

On the bike i have barely gone over 100. I fear a blow out
Quote Reply
Re: Bike aerodynamics.....and before you say take that shit to the other forum.... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in the spring I rode my Harley Road glide ultra to Key West and back, 3000 miles round-trip. Big front fairing, and even put on a taller windshield right before the trip. My total miles per day weren't that high because I was taking back roads all the way, my longest day was 12 hours with no issues.

I thought I would get down there and have to put on a backrest , but my back felt better when I got down there then when I left.

Coming home I rode 12 hours, 11 1/2 hours, six hours.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
400-450 would be a long day for me.
First, most of my bikes were retrofitted with Corbin seats. World of difference. I know they make a seat for your bike. Better foam and better shape. Bikes included a couple of older ducs, first gen katana, Honda trans alp, Honda silver wing.
Touratech makes talker touring screeners for your bike. I got one for lbgt trans alp, and it really did reduce buffeting a lot. Closest riding position to your bike.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I rode just over 600 in one day coming back from Maine. It was cool as it got into the evening and we weren't dressed for it. Fighting hypothermia the last hour or so. We would have stopped but we were close to home. We were on Honda Shadows, wife's had smallish windshield. We weren't tired, just cold.

First day of that trip I let myself get over tired. Stopped once and simply forgot to put my feet down. Bike just fell out from under me. Found the first hotel before we died.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
600 miles on that? Damn!

I know they make a double bubble and sport touring windshield for my bike. The double bubble was good enough for commuting, but I could sit upright with the sport touring and not feel any pressure against my head. Zero Gravity is the company name.

Corbin made upgraded seats. Never needed one. Never rode 600 miles straight on it, either!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike aerodynamics.....and before you say take that shit to the other forum.... [triguy98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Screen and seat it is.

I will look in to them

The bike is well capable at cruising at 80+ but the winds were exhausting

I did look like a compete twat trying to get on it at the end. I was so tired, and i had kriega bags where a top box would go and i couldn't lift my leg over. I sort of had to swing my leg till my heel was on the bike then put it over.........i put that down to it being bmw's tallest standover heigbt bike ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No clue but the guy three doors down from me owns a company called "Butt Buffer" they make motorcycle seat cushions.

We don't know his name so when we refer to him his name is Butt Buffer.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode about 250 kms on my Royal Enfield Continental GT two days ago. Given the nature of the bike, being a replica of a 1965 cafe racer, it felt like about 500 kms after I was done but I had a smile on my face the whole time because there is no fun like retro fun. I just pretended that it was 1965 and I was a rocker cruising down from London to Brighton to engage in a good punch up with some mods.

https://royalenfield.com/...ntalgt/cafe-culture/
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Jun 25, 17 20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Screen and seat it is.

I will look in to them

The bike is well capable at cruising at 80+ but the winds were exhausting

I did look like a compete twat trying to get on it at the end. I was so tired, and i had kriega bags where a top box would go and i couldn't lift my leg over. I sort of had to swing my leg till my heel was on the bike then put it over.........i put that down to it being bmw's tallest standover heigbt bike ;)

You won't regret it. My wife did the same for her Yamaha VStar 650. It made it a lot more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Corbin seat is well worth the cash outlay. Put one on my Suzuki M109R and it took away all my butt and lower back issues with that bike. 300+ miles was no big deal with the new seat.
Quote Reply