Whipped cream can takes a good one
Quote | Reply
Sad story but worth a google: https://www.thelocal.fr/...ills-fitness-blogger

Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [keepcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's really sad. Crazy.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you have posted this had she not been attractive? Would it still be sad?

I know the smart arse answer ... " If she wasn't attractive it wouldn't be a story and thus I would not have known about it to post."

People always use the terms sad or tragic whenever the victim is good looking. That's the sad bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always? I think the reason it is a story is she was a somewhat known fitness blogger. I think any "somewhat" known individual would have had the story written about them. An unknown, not so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like another freak case of Comotio Cordis, which results from blunt force impact to the chest wall over the heart at just the right (i.e. worst) time in the cardiac cycle, so that the heart goes into ventricular fibrillation. I had a patient who died from this years ago, in South Carolina. Doctor parents were playing tennis with their 12 y/o daughter and son, dad hit a cross court shot that struck her chest while she was playing the net, dropped her instantly. We never got her back.

There are products on the market now, like under armor type shirts with padding over the chest wall, that are increasingly popular among little league players. Probably not a bad investment, since sporting activities seem to be the primary risk factor.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Sad and tragic" is also a term used when the person was young, famous, or especially charitable or hard working. Society morning some people much more than others has been around for a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never knew how close I stood to death doing all those whippets in college.
Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Sounds like another freak case of Comotio Cordis, which results from blunt force impact to the chest wall over the heart at just the right (i.e. worst) time in the cardiac cycle, so that the heart goes into ventricular fibrillation. I had a patient who died from this years ago, in South Carolina. Doctor parents were playing tennis with their 12 y/o daughter and son, dad hit a cross court shot that struck her chest while she was playing the net, dropped her instantly. We never got her back.

There are products on the market now, like under armor type shirts with padding over the chest wall, that are increasingly popular among little league players. Probably not a bad investment, since sporting activities seem to be the primary risk factor.

Decades after I left, my high school English teacher was coaching baseball. Throwing batting practice, he was hit in the chest and his heart stopped. Luckily, one of the players was well-versed in CPR, and got the defib from the nearby gym. Resuscitated him. In the hospital, they found major coronary blockage, and said he was days from a massive heart attack. That baseball actually saved his life.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but in those cases it arguably is: kids with an unfulfilled life (like Spheres patient example); charitable types having done so much for some group; old school famous people who actually did something meaningful.

Seems these days it's much easier to be 'famous' without really offering much other than aesthetics. Sure aesthetics made people famous in the past but they were the whole process was more difficult.

I don't know, my 'always' comment was a bit far. It's more of an observation which I freely admit to being guilty of. Funny old world we live in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:

I know the smart arse answer ... " If she wasn't attractive it wouldn't be a story and thus I would not have known about it to post."

People always use the terms sad or tragic whenever the victim is good looking. That's the sad bit.

Don't give the OP such an ArdTme

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The CO2 cartridge that caused her death reminds me to be more careful when repairing a flat tire and inflating a tube on my bike (which happened Tuesday).

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm left wondering what she planned on doing with the whipped cream.

Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strawberry shortcake.
Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Maybe it's too soon but...

The airbags she had installed unfortunately didn't help her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else creeped out by the photoshopping on the bottom picture?
Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With respect to the deceased, the middle part of that hourglass figure does seem to be quite small proportionally.

Tibbsy wrote:
Anyone else creeped out by the photoshopping on the bottom picture?
Quote Reply
Re: Whipped cream can takes a good one [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She seemed to have a life lived on Instagram and looks to have had all sorts of enhancements to support that. In addition to the sadness of her dying it seems superficial. Guess in many ways not too different from regular models or actresses etc. Or people that have the "look at me" thing going on with triathlon.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply