Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sweet Summer Rain
Quote | Reply
No special reason for posting this. I just love a summer rain on an early morning, is all. Makes me wanna go out in the middle of our complex's road and run barefoot through the puddles. But I always come to my senses and remind myself those days are loooooooong past and I'm not quite so young and foolish as I used to be.

Eh, at any rate: Vita e bella. :-)

Oh, I almost forgot: I also love a rainy night (LOL!):

Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night - YouTube

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Sweet Summer Rain [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Despite our ultra-soggy spring, we had some excellent "summer showers" earlier this week. It was a nice steady rain that was followed by some high-pressure sunshine. I have some wheat sprouts on the back patio and they went from an inch to about four inches over the course of two days. You don't get that with pounding thundershowers and stifling humidity - as is the norm.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Sweet Summer Rain [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Despite our ultra-soggy spring, we had some excellent "summer showers" earlier this week. It was a nice steady rain that was followed by some high-pressure sunshine. I have some wheat sprouts on the back patio and they went from an inch to about four inches over the course of two days. You don't get that with pounding thundershowers and stifling humidity - as is the norm.

That's awesome. :-)

No time like summer, especially when it's graced by the kind of rains you so excellently describe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love letting my 3 year old run around jumping in puddles in a nice summer rain. I can't think of a better sound then their giggles and splashing.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweet Summer Rain [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I love letting my 3 year old run around jumping in puddles in a nice summer rain. I can't think of a better sound then their giggles and splashing.

That's great!

I tried that this morning. My wife made me come back in the house before anyone saw me. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh yes, take me back to being a pledge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebt0BR5wHYs

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a story about a particular run in the rain, but this is the wrong side of the Forums for it, so I'll save it for another time

Let me ask this though: Have you ever been in a storm where it rains so hard, that there's rain between the rain; that it's raining so hard it looks like snow; full white-out conditions?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

That's great!

I tried that this morning. My wife made me come back in the house before anyone saw me. ;-)

That's because you didn't have anything on but your diaper.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweet Summer Rain [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I have a story about a particular run in the rain, but this is the wrong side of the Forums for it, so I'll save it for another time

Let me ask this though: Have you ever been in a storm where it rains so hard, that there's rain between the rain; that it's raining so hard it looks like snow; full white-out conditions?

Oh, sure. It's called taifeng (typhoon). ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Sweet Summer Rain [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

That's great!

That's because you didn't have anything on but your diaper.

Well, that went without saying. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Sweet Summer Rain [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Funny you should ask that, we just had arguably the hardest downpour I've ever seen in my life this afternoon. It was so odd, mildly overcast day but not the blackout you get from a storm cell, then all of a sudden the skies opened up and this sideways downpour happened, half the office was at the windows watching it (we have an exciting office, I know). It almost looked like a river of water falling from the sky, these massive, long streams of water covering the sky...then five minutes later it was done. Saw one person walk in from the rain and he looked like he jumped in a lake, poor guy was soaked to the bone.

Anyway, yay summer rain!
Quote Reply