Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NASA Wants to Probe Uranus in Search of Gas
Quote | Reply
I don't write the headlines, I just report them.

NASA wants to probe Uranus in search of gas – BGR

"We hear a lot about Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, and that’s because we have extremely fancy hardware floating around and, in some cases, cruising on the surface of those planets. The planets that lie further away from the Sun don’t get nearly as much attention, but they may soon, as NASA is currently spitballing some missions that will give us a better look at Uranus than we’ve ever gotten."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: NASA Wants to Probe Uranus in Search of Gas [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to be the oarty pooper but if you go on his twitter feed you can see that he knew exactly what he was writing with that headline.

Quote:
(You bet your ass I'm going to take this opportunity every single time) NASA wants to probe Uranus in search of gas

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

"We hear a lot about Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, and that’s because we have extremely fancy hardware floating around and, in some cases, cruising on the surface of those planets. The planets that lie further away from the Sun don’t get nearly as much attention, but they may soon, as NASA is currently spitballing some missions that will give us a better look at Uranus than we’ve ever gotten."

How deep is that probe going?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I suppose that we know which planet in our solar system is a bottom.
Quote Reply
Re: NASA Wants to Probe Uranus in Search of Gas [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are great. :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to probe me for gas. Just feed me black-beans and barley and it is emitted on a frequent and smelly basis.

One time I ate three Fiber-one bars on a 12 hour drive. There are still areas along the highway in Indiana where no mosquitoes or roaches can live because of the fumigation from me passing by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The USS Enterprise and toilet paper are similar because they both go to Uranus to wipe out the Klingons.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Rod Thruster wrote:Can't help you there, but my observation is girls with a lot of ink, take it in the stink.

"Only until we get married. Then, ya know, all the fun stops. "

I gusss NASA isn't married to the idea.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: NASA Wants to Probe Uranus in Search of Gas [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

How deep is that probe going?

Really depends on how well the gerbil has been trained...
Quote Reply
Re: NASA Wants to Probe Uranus in Search of Gas [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It isn't anything I would do, but I say go for it if NASA has their heart set on it. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Quote Reply
Re: NASA Wants to Probe Uranus in Search of Gas [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But if they do go all the way with this one, who's gonna bake the celebratory cake? I hear that there are bakers who refuse to participate in such things.

rick_pcfl wrote:
It isn't anything I would do, but I say go for it if NASA has their heart set on it. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Quote Reply