Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Activity Trackers - Non-triathlon
Quote | Reply
I'm getting a Garmin 235 tomorrow to replace my old 310xt which died. I guess the 235 has all of the activity tracking features, like steps, sleep, etc. I'm thinking these features will be interesting for a week or so, but I can't imagine wearing it regularly to keep up with that. Does anyone use a watch like this past the novelty stage?
Quote Reply
Re: Activity Trackers - Non-triathlon [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obsessively...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only wear mine with a heart rate strap during sex so I can review my performance.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, I wear a viviosmart but then I also use it to record my lunch runs and commutes to work everyday. I'm pretty lazy so I don't bother to switch watches anymore.

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FR230.

I like to see text messages. I'll check out average sleep over the last week, sometimes I'm surprised.

I keep it on cause I'd probably forget it at home for a lunch time run.
Quote Reply
Re: Activity Trackers - Non-triathlon [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the 230 as a daily watch too. I skipped the 235 since I don't care enough about heart rate to charge it 3x as much and I already have scorche heart rate monitor it works with.

Funny thing is I've been stopped in public to ask about my pretty watch (I have the purple one but swapped out to a white band so it's all white).

I love seeing texts/ calls while biking. I stop to answer calls from the nursing home immediately and ignore most others. The other day my husband called twice in a row and it was an emergency. Quick look at texts is nice too without pulling phone out.

I like the buzzer to get you to move to since I sit at a computer all day.
Quote Reply
Re: Activity Trackers - Non-triathlon [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I only wear mine with a heart rate strap during sex so I can review my performance.

You should tell your partner that you're actually wearing it to gauge his or her performance.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Garmin Vivoactive. I don't use the sleep or step functions, look at sleep occasionally but it hasn't changed anything I do. It's useful for automatically logging workouts to my Garmin account so I get credit through my wellness program at work and don't have to use a watch for some workouts, Garmin cycling computer for others, etc. I occasionally enjoy being able to see my emails and texts at a glance; I mostly don't like it because I haven't found a way to temporarily pause that feature and it annoys the hell out of me when I'm in the middle of a workout or in a place where I don't want the interruptions.

jmcconne wrote:
I'm getting a Garmin 235 tomorrow to replace my old 310xt which died. I guess the 235 has all of the activity tracking features, like steps, sleep, etc. I'm thinking these features will be interesting for a week or so, but I can't imagine wearing it regularly to keep up with that. Does anyone use a watch like this past the novelty stage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vivosmart HR - I use it to track sleep and resting HR more than anything else, I'll also use it to track long walks at lunch or after dinner. The text/call notifications are nice during the workday to know if it's someone/thing I need to answer or can take care of later. Since I'm at a desk all day I have it set to remind me to get up and move, but that usually gets ignored as I'm usually in the middle of something that I need to finish.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply