Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Royal Jordanian B787 Photo
Quote | Reply
One of the aircraft whose interior my people security search while it's in the gate. Needless to say, the airline (and, by extension, the Jordanian government) provides its own version of air marshals for the flight both ways (AMM-DTW and DTW-AMM, with a stop each way in YUL).

It's a very nice aircraft. Lots of economy class seats and a luxurious first class section. Plus, the airline seems to have found some of the most beautiful women in the Middle East to crew its cabin. :-)

RJ isn't the the most prestigious of the various ME airlines, though. Etihad and Emirates especially make an effort to cater to first class and business class sensibilities.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jun 9, 17 5:46
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You all do security searches on this craft?
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:

You all do security searches on this craft?

Sure. And this one as well: ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only an airline person would call lots of economy class seating as a good thing. We want less so we can breath!
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Only an airline person would call lots of economy class seating as a good thing. We want less so we can breath!

Trust me, if the airlines get their way there'll be even less room to breathe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is coming to a shitty airline near you...

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the airlines were intelligent, they would put their research dollars into suspended animation. That way, they could pursue their goal of ultimate efficiency; stacking passengers like meat carcasses.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

United is considering that one right now. They're part of the (Death) Star Alliance. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be fine with standing room only for flights of 90 minutes or less. Not sure how they can make it work with all sizes of people though.
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those stand-up benches are similar to amusement park rides, in that there'll be a small platform of some sort on which to rest one's derriere. These are planned for short-haul flights of 90 minutes or less, from what I've been told.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No kidding. If those are in place of regular seats, under the overhead storage, those wouldnt really work for anyone taller than 5'8" or so.

I was recently on a shitty red eye charter airline flight with a 29" seat pitch. It was horrible. Knees firmly jammed in to the seat of the poor bastard in front of me, there was no comfortable way to sleep (and I can sleep almost anywhere). On the way back I paid the extra $50 for 35" seat pitch and it was like pure luxury. I couldn't imagine being sandwiched in standing seats that close together for any significant length of time. Give me at least a 32-33" seat pitch, window seat and a pair of headphones and I could easily sit through a 13 hour flight.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would guess the biggest issue they will have is anti-discrimination laws for the disabled. They would have to charge the same price for both seats and standing for those that can't stand. Then you will get everyone arriving at the airport with doctors notes about their bad backs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Then you will get everyone arriving at the airport with doctors notes about their bad backs.

It's okay. They can bring their emotional support dogs for comfort.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Jordanian B787 Photo [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think of how much more room there will be for their support ponies.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

Surely, the lavatories will be pony-accessible. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

United is considering that one right now. They're part of the (Death) Star Alliance. ;-)
The standing one is a concept from a decade ago. It went nowhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

Or support turkey.

Quote Reply