Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I just don't get protests...
Quote | Reply
never been inclined to go to one or anything like that, or even felt the need to protest anything. But the one out of China where some investors dumped a live donkey into the tiger enclosure at a zoo because they weren't making the money they had hoped takes the cake.

I don't understand how that can even be considered a protest. It's about as strange as they come. I mean who are they trying to hurt here, what point are they trying to make? Just fucked up all around.
Quote Reply
Re: I just don't get protests... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is saw that yesterday. I didn't know they did that for a protest. I thought I read that zoos over there often "live" feed the animals in zoos to entertain the guests.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
never been inclined to go to one or anything like that, or even felt the need to protest anything. But the one out of China where some investors dumped a live donkey into the tiger enclosure at a zoo because they weren't making the money they had hoped takes the cake.

I don't understand how that can even be considered a protest. It's about as strange as they come. I mean who are they trying to hurt here, what point are they trying to make? Just fucked up all around.

I actually understand this protest way more than the BLM protesters marching down a street in NYC. Chanting "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!"
Quote Reply
Re: I just don't get protests... [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:

I actually understand this protest way more than the BLM protesters marching down a street in NYC. Chanting "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!"

What exactly are you not understanding? BLM wants dead cops. And they want them now.

It's pretty clear.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I just don't get protests... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
getcereal wrote:

What exactly are you not understanding? BLM wants dead cops. And they want them now.

It's pretty clear.

Yeah I think he's using understand in a different sense. I'm using it in the sense of how the fuck does it make any sense to dump a donkey into the tiger enclosure because you're not happy you lost money on the zoo you invested in?

How does it hurt the zoo or help you, it just makes you look insane.
Quote Reply
Re: I just don't get protests... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
getcereal wrote:

It's pretty clear.

Until they need them. And who needs them the most?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80KhdjYBe0

Oh the irony!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Chinese as a general group have no respect for animals or the environment, everything is about money.
I pity the world if countries turn to China for leadership.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How does it hurt the zoo?
The zoo just lost a donkey. Maybe the investors thought the zoo people they were angry at had feelings for the donkey.
Quote Reply
Re: I just don't get protests... [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:
How does it hurt the zoo?

The zoo just lost a donkey. Maybe the investors thought the zoo people they were angry at had feelings for the donkey.

Well at least that makes some sense, the story I read didn't say anything about the donkey belonging to the zoo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donkeys are cheap. Seems bass ackwards to me they're helping to feed the much bigger-ticket tigers, as well as contributing free publicity to the zoo...
Quote Reply