Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: Laird Hamilton...epic douchebag. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be San Nicolas?

All the years I have been diving at SCI, never seen a whitey. Lots of blues, a thresher or mako now and then.
Quote Reply
Last edited by: Duffy: May 30, 17 10:47
Quote | Reply
And, quite honestly, I don't know how many more days of that kind of surfing I have in me//

This threads tangent got me thinking of the last time I was a that spot, it was 22 years ago. I was stationed on Catalina for a 6 month stint to get the Jr lifeguard program started. There was a clump of kids drowning over there, and not one pool on the island. So we decided that they needed to get their kids drowned proofed, best way was a Jr, lifeguard program.

And for me that was the last time I surfed such heavy surf, not sure how old you are now but I would have been about 40 or so. Still super fit from triathlon and recently retired as a pro, and back into heavy paddling long distances for OW races. So hold downs were no big deal, today I would have about 1/5 that stamina, so it is point breaks and bend over tubes for this guy now...)-;

Sucks getting old, but at least I don't wear gloves to paddle!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never surfed, but still skiing pretty hard. In my late 40's and still skiing steeps, but have given up the mandatory air as much as I can. Between a focus on staying in shape and the new technology in skis I am able to ski as much of the mountain as I ever have.

Someday I may try surfing. Always thought it would be a great time.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there a few times. Grabbed my biggest lobster there. 16 pounds.
Quote Reply

Prev Next