Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best chew toy for my Lab Retriever
Quote | Reply
He destroys the edible stuff in about 3 minutes. The older indestructible stuff, he won't chew. I really think he needs to have the destructive component with the chewing as well.
Can anyone recommend a good longer lasting chew toy that their pet really loves.
(Champ is a 1.5 y/o male black lab)
Thanks, Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Last edited by: osugasman: Nov 26, 05 12:24
Quote Reply
Re: Best chew toy for my Lab Retriever [osugasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My labs love their kong or their big red bone made from the same material as a kong. Everything else gets destroyed.
Quote Reply
Re: Best chew toy for my Lab Retriever [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was going to suggest the kong, too. my friend has a pit bull that chews up everything, but the kongs last a long time for him. and i think you can put food in the middle.

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider yourself lucky. My Great Dane has a fetish for remote controls. I've had to worse than baby proof the house. I left my Oakley half shells on the bathroom sink for less than 60 seconds and those were history. Even tri magazines get turned into confetti. At the rate Cole is going I'll have to get him a poodle for X-Mas just to give him a toy that makes him work for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew a guy who had a rotwieller and he just threw the dog and old tire. I am not joking. The dog loved it.

"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings." -Dr. Cox
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another good toy/time killer is the cube in which you can put up to two cups of dry food. Your dog will have to move the cub around to get his dinner out of it. Each time it rolls over it kicks out a few pieces of food so it will keep him busy for ten minutes or so. Plus it's fun to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. I will try out the Kong and look for the cube (haven't even heard of that one but sounds creative).

The stories of destroyed items are countless, but I will share a positive one with you. About 12 years ago, my wife and I were camping in Vermont. We had our 2 labs in a river and were wading upstream. Jake came out of some tall grass with something in his mouth. Upon closer inspection, he had retrieved my wife's Oakley M frames that unbeknownst to her had fallen off her head and drifted into the tall grass. Unbelievable save.
--Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Last edited by: osugasman: Nov 26, 05 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tire Biter. At Petsmart, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a great story. Such a noble save would never happen with mine. Would you trust your valuables to this guy?

It's not the scratch marks that concern me so much as the crazed look in his eyes. Molly wouldn't trust her food around him:

But he has his rare obedient moments too.

(Man, I gotta figure out how to correct my pic sizes. They are either ginormous or tiny)
Last edited by: stl_triness: Nov 26, 05 18:07
Quote Reply
Re: Best chew toy for my Lab Retriever [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have no fear about the size of your pics. With pics of dogs and the Hottie Thread, bigger is better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's important to keep labs occupied at all times.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have two labs; one prefers tennis balls and one prefers bones. As for Kongs; well, the one that prefers tennis balls destroyed many a Kong and will not destroy a tennis ball. I know it makes no sense but nontheless find the toys that your dogs like, but will not destroy.
Quote Reply
Re: Best chew toy for my Lab Retriever [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've said it before, I'll say it again, That is one beautiful dog!

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine has a fetish for cardboard packaging. Came home last year to find out he had entirely ripped apart a full package of lighbubs (8 of them). I panicked, thinking he had eaten a bulb, or gotten glass in his mouth.

Every single bulb was untouched, and worked.

Funny, they look so forlorn when you yell at them. It's hard not to laugh.
Quote Reply