FishyJoe wrote:
windywave wrote:
You can keep your doctor

Mission Accomplished

I did not have sexual relations

Read my lips

Iran contra? No recollection

And that's just my lifetime

But these are the worst statements spanning years.

We are barely passing 100 days into this administration.

You missed the point

Yes. Lying has always been around. But not at this level. Daily. Blatant lies daily. And it's becoming par for the course. That's just Trump being Trump...

Holy fuck.

Or is it just more scrutinized? I don't know but I haven't trusted anything out of a president's mouth since Bush, George HW that is

Holy shit you really are a Trump ballwasher. Normally when I throw that out I'm just trolling a little, but seriously? Trump,is the biggest liar ever. Ever. He has lied at a rate never seen before. He's the best. Bigly,

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant lying is now perfectly acceptable. [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're giving him too much credit.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant lying is now perfectly acceptable. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
You're giving him too much credit.

I agree, I've seen nothing to indicate any of his craziness is a cunning strategy of some sort. Every indication is this is just him being him and leaving everyone around him scrambling to explain the incoherent, contradictory statements.
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant lying is now perfectly acceptable. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

At some point the anti-Trump Republicans are going to force a special prosecutor.

Think so?

I'd welcome that, but I haven't seen a whole lot of "anti-Trump" from any Congressional Republicans yet.

Not "a lot" but these (R) congress people support an independent prosecutor.:
Senators:
Murkowski (AK)
McCain
Lindsey Graham
Reps:
Amash (MI)
Coffman (CO)
Comstock (VA)
Curbelo (FL)
Issa (CA)
Jones (NC)
McClintock (CA)
Paulsen (MN)

(Washington Post is keeping a list)
Last edited by: scorpio516: May 12, 17 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant lying is now perfectly acceptable. [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

At some point the anti-Trump Republicans are going to force a special prosecutor.

Think so?

I'd welcome that, but I haven't seen a whole lot of "anti-Trump" from any Congressional Republicans yet.

Not "a lot" but these (R) congress people support an independent prosecutor.:
Senators:
Murkowski (AK)
McCain
Lindsey Graham
Reps:
Amash (MI)
Coffman (CO)
Comstock (VA)
Curbelo (FL)
Issa (CA)
Jones (NC)
McClintock (CA)
Paulsen (MN)

(Washington Post is keeping a list)

You have to figure if the bizarre behavior continues, the contradictory statements, etc. let alone if he actually ends up saying something incriminating at some point, momentum will build.
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant lying is now perfectly acceptable. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
windywave wrote:
You can keep your doctor

Mission Accomplished

I did not have sexual relations

Read my lips

Iran contra? No recollection

And that's just my lifetime

But these are the worst statements spanning years.

We are barely passing 100 days into this administration.

You missed the point

Yes. Lying has always been around. But not at this level. Daily. Blatant lies daily. And it's becoming par for the course. That's just Trump being Trump...

Holy fuck.

Or is it just more scrutinized? I don't know but I haven't trusted anything out of a president's mouth since Bush, George HW that is

Holy shit you really are a Trump ballwasher. Normally when I throw that out I'm just trolling a little, but seriously? Trump,is the biggest liar ever. Ever. He has lied at a rate never seen before. He's the best. Bigly,

How am I a ball washer? I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't generally, if at all, defend him outright. If you had had your coffee and parsed and analyzed my statement you would see that my position is not defending him.
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant lying is now perfectly acceptable. [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
but there is a difference between a claim based on a projected outcome or result which proves to be false (you might argue how likely it is they should have known beforehand it would turn out to be wrong), vs a statement made after the fact about something which is already well known or easily demonstrated to be untrue.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

Obama, Pelosi, Gruber, et al, were all perfectly aware that they needed to lie to sell the POS ACA. They were counting on the "stupidity of the American voter". They designed it to delay/hide the worst parts. It was a systemic lie, by all parties involved, intended to deceive the American people.
Quote Reply

Prev Next