Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: More Comey timing events [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing is, mid-terms will be upon you in pretty short order. For Repubs looking to maintain their seat, are they going to align themselves with the President or distance themselves?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the question. Honestly, who knows at this point.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
If Hilary was elected do you think Comey would still have his job?

Irrelevant speculation.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
If Hilary was elected do you think Comey would still have his job?

Probably not (and rightly so).

But it would probably have happened Jan 20th 2017 - not in the middle of Comey investigating Clinton for her campaign's suspected involvement with the Russians during the election cycle, and certainly not after Clinton and her staff issued conflicting views on Comey's fitness for the job.
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
The thing is, mid-terms will be upon you in pretty short order. For Repubs looking to maintain their seat, are they going to align themselves with the President or distance themselves?

yeah, this will be a real public test. there's already footage of a lot of town hall meetings going badly south as republicans get asked to defend their president. it'll get ugly for them.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

yeah, this will be a real public test. there's already footage of a lot of town hall meetings going badly south as republicans get asked to defend their president. it'll get ugly for them.

How can those town halls not go bad when democrats are so desperate they hire people to go into them and cause the ruckus? Republicans aren't the ones making that noise. Now whether you believe that or not, it doesn't matter. Republicans, and more importantly, every single Trump supporter believes that.
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Earlier today Trump openly threatened Comey via twitter. Good grief! This is highly inappropriate behavior in the least, and more than that, assuming that in fairly short order, I am sure Comey will be under-oath and giving testimony before one of these committees, isn't Trump threatening/tampering with a witness? This is OK behavior for the President of the United States? He did the same earlier this week with Sally Yates!! Again - this is OK?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to think of the last time a President has threatened a fired official before they even did anything. I'm at a loss, maybe there was. Nixon?

Then again, I don't remember a presidential candidate ever threatening to lock up an opposing candidate before.
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are all the usual Drumpf ballwashers here? Strange...
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can those town halls not go bad when democrats are so desperate they hire people to go into them and cause the ruckus? Republicans aren't the ones making that noise. Now whether you believe that or not, it doesn't matter. Republicans, and more importantly, every single Trump supporter believes that.

The problem is of course that there is only about 36% of the population...
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Problem for the democrats? I agree. That is 36% of the population that is becoming more hardened by the day. The type that won't miss a voting opportunity. Can that be said for the democrats?
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Where are all the usual Drumpf ballwashers here? Strange...

Spending their time with others that agree with them. Why would they waste their time in threads like this where they think nearly everyone is clueless?
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I'd guess that about a third of the population also supported Hitler and Stalin too. I'm not saying that Trump in that league, but that a third of the population can and will support their guy no matter what they do.

Putin probably lives off that third.
Quote Reply
Re: More Comey timing events [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I'd guess that about a third of the population also supported Hitler and Stalin too. I'm not saying that Trump in that league, but that a third of the population can and will support their guy no matter what they do.

Putin probably lives off that third.

My impression is Hitler was probably a lot more popular than that even as he was leading the country to utter destruction.
Quote Reply

Prev Next