Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just me over here doing idiot things....
Quote | Reply
This weekend I booked a honeymoon to Jamaica through Travelocity. After I booked, my parents called to tell me that they wanted to give us an extra night for our honeymoon as a wedding present. In order to do so, I had to cancel and then re book. When I tried to do this my card got declined because it was maxed out from the previous trip I booked that hadn't been refunded yet.

Today it finally cleared so I went to book again. Right as I hit the "Complete Booking" button I realized that I had entered my fiance with her maiden name instead of her changed name (Getting married in July, going in November so we decided it would be changed by then). Now I have to either ride it out and make my fiance wait on the name change, or sit on the customer service line for an hour again tonight in order to cancel and then re book 3 days later.

F**K ME!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Just me over here doing idiot things.... [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't book in your wife's new name unless her passport will be changed before you board.
Quote Reply
Re: Just me over here doing idiot things.... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We originally planned on having it changed since we have 3 months between wedding and trip. It shouldn't be the end of the world, but I sure feel like a dummy.

Par for the course really, I suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
I wouldn't book in your wife's new name unless her passport will be changed before you board.

That's good advice. And who knows if she'll go through with the wedding, too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

This.

We got married 1.5 years ago. Wife hasn't legally changed her name yet, but will when her passport expires. What's the rush?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I booked air fare for my son and his fiance to New Zealand in December. They are getting married in July but she will change her name prior to the trip. She also has to update her passport. She made several calls prior to getting the tickets. The last thing I wanted to do was what you unfortunately are doing. I'm still expecting some problems.

Congrats on the upcoming marriage and good luck to you.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Just me over here doing idiot things.... [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you

Good luck to your son and future daughter-in-law as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Just me over here doing idiot things.... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy solution - don't change your name. Problem solved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runningwithbees wrote:
We originally planned on having it changed since we have 3 months between wedding and trip. It shouldn't be the end of the world, but I sure feel like a dummy.

Par for the course really, I suppose.

Changing your name isn't instantaneous. First the county needs to record the marriage ... two weeks to a month in the people's republic of Illinois. Then have to go change your name. Give you a temporary ID with new license in about three weeks in the mail from Springfield. IIRC Passport is 1 to 3 months by mail. Just saying I would personally wait
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you're not taking her name?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to hear about some travel stress? We booked a trip for my wife, son, and I to go visit family in Australia for a month, pretty much as early as we could book the flights around a year out since we found a deal. Then we found out she was pregnant and due 6 weeks before we were to leave. Non-refundable flights, she had the time off, we decided to go through with it and take the baby...but baby can't travel without a passport and you can't purchase tickets for a human that doesn't exist yet. Baby is born, instantly book ticket; nervously wait for a social security number so we can apply for a passport; SSN arrives ~4 weeks before the flight; book a rush passport appointment 3 hours away, hope like hell that Baby's photos are acceptable for the passport people since Baby does what she wants and doesn't give a F about the passport photo; passport finally arrives 9 days before the flight....which happened to be right around Christmas time, so we're the idiots traveling on 24 hours of flights/airports with a 3 year old, a 6 week old, and the storage-shed of luggage those little ones require. And somewhere during the travels our connecting flight was running late, we're running through the airport, wife trips over 3 year old who runs between her feet, she has Baby in her arms, falls, Baby is somehow OK, but son loses his shit, wife is sore, and I can't do much to help because I'm already loaded down like a sherpa with 3 clients at once. I've never been so glad to arrive at my destination.

Don't do that. Don't add any more stress to yourself with this. Just enjoy honeymoon & the wedding; have her legally change the name when she's back home! Congrats and enjoy!

Runningwithbees wrote:
This weekend I booked a honeymoon to Jamaica through Travelocity. After I booked, my parents called to tell me that they wanted to give us an extra night for our honeymoon as a wedding present. In order to do so, I had to cancel and then re book. When I tried to do this my card got declined because it was maxed out from the previous trip I booked that hadn't been refunded yet.

Today it finally cleared so I went to book again. Right as I hit the "Complete Booking" button I realized that I had entered my fiance with her maiden name instead of her changed name (Getting married in July, going in November so we decided it would be changed by then). Now I have to either ride it out and make my fiance wait on the name change, or sit on the customer service line for an hour again tonight in order to cancel and then re book 3 days later.

F**K ME!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Just me over here doing idiot things.... [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:

Sorry, can't see one of those without going here...

Quote Reply
Re: Just me over here doing idiot things.... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a good story though. Too bad the kids were not a bit older and then you could say remember when.....

MidwestRoadie wrote:
Want to hear about some travel stress? We booked a trip for my wife, son, and I to go visit family in Australia for a month, pretty much as early as we could book the flights around a year out since we found a deal. Then we found out she was pregnant and due 6 weeks before we were to leave. Non-refundable flights, she had the time off, we decided to go through with it and take the baby...but baby can't travel without a passport and you can't purchase tickets for a human that doesn't exist yet. Baby is born, instantly book ticket; nervously wait for a social security number so we can apply for a passport; SSN arrives ~4 weeks before the flight; book a rush passport appointment 3 hours away, hope like hell that Baby's photos are acceptable for the passport people since Baby does what she wants and doesn't give a F about the passport photo; passport finally arrives 9 days before the flight....which happened to be right around Christmas time, so we're the idiots traveling on 24 hours of flights/airports with a 3 year old, a 6 week old, and the storage-shed of luggage those little ones require. And somewhere during the travels our connecting flight was running late, we're running through the airport, wife trips over 3 year old who runs between her feet, she has Baby in her arms, falls, Baby is somehow OK, but son loses his shit, wife is sore, and I can't do much to help because I'm already loaded down like a sherpa with 3 clients at once. I've never been so glad to arrive at my destination.

Don't do that. Don't add any more stress to yourself with this. Just enjoy honeymoon & the wedding; have her legally change the name when she's back home! Congrats and enjoy!

Runningwithbees wrote:

F**K ME!!!!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply