Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show Me Your Humidor! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mentioned this to JSA in your 'cigars and bourbon' thread: If you like the monte #2, try a Partagas P2. Same size and shape as the Monte.

The montecristo #2 was the first cigar I tried, and thus sort of the gold standard I compare others too. Personally, I think the P2 is better, and from what I've read, it seems that the general consensus is that if you like the montecristo, you'll love the Partagas.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Humidor! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently they're made in the same factory. Very good reviews, from what I've read. Thanks for the tip.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Apparently they're made in the same factory. Very good reviews, from what I've read. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, apparently there are quite a few brands that share factories down there. The Partagas factory in Havana is one of the few that allow tours, which I will definitely be doing next week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moved on from the glass jar to a few tupperdors with cedar sheets and Boveda packs, which work tremendously at maintaining their set point. Also added a 10-stick bundle of limited run Camacho imperial stout bourbon barrel aged triple maduros, and a few of their box pressed Ecuadorians and corojos. it's getting a wee bit crowded in there.

Their original bourbon barrel aged sticks (far right) are phenomenal. Pick up a few if you haven't tried it yet.

Last edited by: sphere: Jul 7, 17 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you and I were pointed towards the same Tupperware product by Amazon. I ordered the same one. And I love the boveda packs. Apparently, you can recharge them by soaking in distilled water for a few days. Boveda says you can't, but, quite a few people on various humidor forums tried and apparently it works fine.

I'll keep an eye out for those camachos! Tomorrow I have a morning long run, followed by a few hours of work in the bathroom Reno then a late afternoon and evening at a music festival hosted at a local craft brewery with Cake headlining. My buddy and I will probably have a Havana club 15 year and Partagas night cap afterwards!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What? Hey, it's the same one Bill Clinton had. Got a great deal on it at the Sam's Club, too. ;-) ;-) ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Humidor! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally not a fan of the infused variety, but I'll try anything once. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Generally not a fan of the infused variety, but I'll try anything once. ;)

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Good one! :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Looks like you and I were pointed towards the same Tupperware product by Amazon. I ordered the same one.

I found these in Target, maybe $6 and $4, respectively. Perfect for the application. Local smoke shop gives away their boxes, so I bought a few sticks and took home five or six cedar sheets from their spare boxes to line the bottoms. Hard to cough up the extra cash for a humidor when these do the job for pennies on the dollar.

Quote:
evening at a music festival hosted at a local craft brewery with Cake headlining. My buddy and I will probably have a Havana club 15 year and Partagas night cap afterwards

That sounds about perfect. Enjoy!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess you're going the distance?

Jealous of the show.

I used to smoke a LOT of cigars...in my pre tri life. I probably spent at least as much as a Cervelo P5x on high quality Cubans and Dominicans. Had a private locker at a cigar shop in Geneva and about five humidors ranging from a cabinet sized to a beautiful leather Dunhill travel humidor.

Gave them up for athletics and hadn't had one for four years...tried one on vacay last month...lost the taste, sadly.

Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Humidor! [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The festival was amazing. They always have an interesting line up (last three bands up we're PPL MVER, Carl Denson's Tiny Universe, and Cake. Go listen to those bands, totally different types of music, but fit the small festival atmosphere so well. Combine that with great food trucks, endless variety.of really high quality craft beer, and scores of beautiful women,and it made for a nice evening. To be honest, Cake was the low point of the night. Good band and all, but shyed away from playing their hits, talked wwaayy too much between songs so never really got a rhythm going, and by that time there was a pretty cold breeze blowing through, so it killed the mood a bit.

My friend and I had the rum and cigar in the back yard around 3pm before heading down, which was the right call, would have frozen to death trying to enjoy it after. I don't smoke much at all, it's very much a special occasion thing for me. One of the rare times I can find an hour to relax out back without anything on my mind. I bought a few boxes in Cuba and I fully expect them to last me several years. But I do enjoy trying new kinds much like trying new spirits or unique beer.

Quote Reply

Prev Next